[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question pertaining Kant's transcendental philosophy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1487810101557.jpg (85KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487810101557.jpg
85KB, 1024x768px
I have a question pertaining Kant's transcendental philosophy. This question can be applied to both the pure intuitions of space an time and the categories of pure understanding, but I will articulate my doubt dealing only with the pure intuitions of space and time (for the sake of simplicity).

Now, for Kant, space and time are not properties of the world, according to him, our cognitive apparatus applies the spatial/temporal structure to the world. The reason for this is that we cannot derive space and time from our experience of the world, since we need space and time to even be able experience the world. Space and time are the necessary conditions for sensibility.

So, to say again, why we can't derive space and time from experience? Because we need them to even be able to experience. Now my question is: why Kant infers from this that is our cognitive apparatus aplying space and time to the world? Why does he exclude the possibility that the world has this spatial and temporal structure and for that reason we're able to experience it? Certainly from the fact that space and time are necessary conditions for sensibility we cannot infer that the world doesn't have a spatial/temporal structure. So why Kant infers from that that we are the ones applying space and time to the world?

Thanks for your attention.
>>
Other way around senpai
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.