[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

What went so right?
>>
>>2412210
the rape of the Sabine women
>>
SHAME ON THE HOUSE OF PTOLEMY FOR SUCH BARBARITY
>>
>>2412244
A
>>
>>2412270
CONSUL
>>
>>2412271
OF
>>
>>2412272
ROME
>>
>>2412210
>Army organization
>Strong early work ethic and productivity standards
>Strong early morals & values
>Copied the rest of what they needed from ancient greeks
>>
>>2412210

1) Brought defeated enemies into alliance with Roman civilization rather than subjugating them, eventually Romanizing them.
2) Strong alliances gave a seemingly endless supply of men, especially by the time of the second Punic war.
3) Willingness to adapt tactics based on defeats.
4) Generally meritocratic consular system meant that defeat of an army and death of a general was not an end to the war, as another army and general would take their place.
5) Motherfuckers just never quit, even when other nations would have.
>>
>>2412293
This. Everything started going to shit after the Punic Wars when everybody get rich and fat and complacent. No longer Roman is a serious stoic hard as Nails people that they were before. Now there was starting to appreciate the nicer things in life fine jewelry and clothing and luxury items that have no practical purpose. Excess in all things is the undoing of men. They fell in love with those things that destroy men's Souls, just like America has
>>
>>2412210
it's the natural superiority of the latin master race
>>
File: 1459981174171.png (217KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1459981174171.png
217KB, 400x388px
>>2412316
DELET THIS
>>
>>2412316
>started going to shit after the Punic Wars

Are you telling me you think Rome was at its height before they even conquered anything outside of Italy?
>>
Trajan was the last good Emperor. After that, Rome jumped the shark and began its decline.
>>
>>2412366
You can argue that. The roman military machine was of course still unstoppable, kinda like how the modern american one still but the romans of italy had begun their spiritual stagnation and eventual decline. Its quite amazing how long an empire can last on sheer inertia, Rome did it after the punic wars for a quite a few more centuries. Keep in mind however that Rome by the punic wars was already many centuries old too, its really m ore like an modpoint or so...
>>
>When Rome was just a city and we were just citizens, we're known to one another. And we were frugal, good, disciplined and dignified. The Romans I rule are not like we were. They lust for power and pleasure. Money the wives of other men.
>>
>Rome is a republic and you and I are playing citizens. More confection. That's the best of my stallions. Serve the state, Caligula, although the people in it are wicked beasts.
>>
>>2412210
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucius_Quinctius_Cincinnatus>>2412293
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.