[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it socially acceptable to oppress children?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Why is it socially acceptable to oppress children?
>>
You're refering to the fact they're stripped of their sexual rights?
>>
>>2411624
>picture of someone smoking
>sexual rights

Not necessarily and I don't believe in rights anyway.
>>
>>2411624
in general they don't have any real agency over their lives until they are 18-21.

They have no medical rights. Parents have been arrested for "medical neglect" after their Children refused cancer treatment...That implies that the child has no input on their treatment, no right to their body, even if they fully understand the consequences..
>>
Vi Victus
>>
>>2411694
to clarify;

a child cancer patient who fully understands their situation can wish to not receive treatment, but the parents havv every right to consent for the child and force treatment on them. If the parent accepts the child's choice, social services and the police are called, the state becomes the guardian, and they administer the treatment anyway.
>>
>>2411597
Children are moral patients, while adults are moral agents. Parents and adults have more intelectual and social power over children.
Therefore laws are in place to prevent child abuse by evil people.

Beyond that, growing up is kind of a crap shoot, you could be lucky and have great parents that teach you and help you grow up to be happy and well adjusted, or you could randomly have shitty parents that neglect or abuse you you and teach you maladjusted habits and leave you with permanent traumas.

That's why when I interact with kids, I really try not to hassle them, I talk to them normally and help them out. I remember growing up when no one gave a damn about me so now I try to give kids just a little encouragement in case it will make some difference.

Remember every kid will eventually grow up to an adult, another person in our society, they will be the product of all those moments they experienced, lets try to make them good moments.
>>
>>2411725
>random
>doesn't believe in pre-existence
>doesn't know the soul chooses it's body
Wew^2
>>
>>2411725
this is the mindset to led to an entire generation being super coddled, to be totally honest I'm glad I grew up with a dad that smacked me around when I got out of hand and wants constantly pandering to my sensibilities, I'm not saying everyone should be raised the way I was but people take this bullshit to the opposite extreme too
>>
File: spooked.jpg (13KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.jpg
13KB, 170x200px
>>2411725
>evil people.
>>
>>2411724
The reality is, it would be way more likely that the parent can manipulate a child into "consenting" to something, than a child being wise enough to understand and agree with such consequences. So for a practical reason we categorically prevent that scenario by dictating some arbitrary age of accountability.

If in the future we develop some perfect brain/soul scanners and can perfectly determine each individual's thoughts, maybe we can move away from arbitrary age limits and do a case-by-case. But until then it's better to go with the obvious choice.
>>
>>2411764
and in cases where a parent is encouraging treatment yet the child/adolescent doesn't want it?

I remember being able to understand death, brain death, and quality of life at age 12...
>>
>>2411597
Have you ever met a child? They have no business making their own decisions. Hell, I'd go so far as to say no one under 25 does.
>>
>>2411597
Because if you didn't none of them would survive to adulthood.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.