[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this talk: Speak English with only Germanic words.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: britannia-1sml[1].jpg (22KB, 300x344px) Image search: [Google]
britannia-1sml[1].jpg
22KB, 300x344px
In this talk: Speak English with only Germanic words.
>>
Hi there. How are you doing?
>>
>Uses Latin word for Deutsche
>>
>>2408615
Hail. No so bad.
>>
>>2408619
I thought this was going to come up. Well: Speak English with only Dutch words.
>>
It's called Anglish. Look it up.
>>
The firststuffs have their being as motes called unclefts. These are mighty small: one seedweight of waterstuff holds a tale of them like unto two followed by twenty-two naughts. Most unclefts link together to make what are called bulkbits. Thus, the waterstuff bulkbit bestands of two waterstuff unclefts, the sourstuff bulkbit of two sourstuff unclefts, and so on. (Some kinds, such as sunstuff, keep alone; others, such as iron, cling together in chills when in the fast standing; and there are yet more yokeways.) When unlike unclefts link in a bulkbit, they make bindings. Thus, water is a binding of two waterstuff unclefts with one sourstuff uncleft, while a bulkbit of one of the forestuffs making up flesh may have a thousand or more unclefts of these two firststuffs together with coalstuff and chokestuff.
>>
>>2408629
I know. Hearing of Anglish was what lead me to open this talk: http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Main_leaf

Though I had known of the problem with outland words since reading Orwell's "Politics and the English Language".
>>
>>2408624

Yankee dollar drugs.
>>
>>2408644
>problem
>politics
>language
>>
>>2408777
>>2408644
"Mootmanship and the Anglish Tongue"?
>>
>>2408608
>in this talk
Sounds already very retarded
>>
>>2408608
It's hard.
>>
>>2408644
why not merely say thread
>>
>>2408608

Why are all smart sounding words not from the Anglo tongue?

Speaking Anglo without any French words sounds like ogre-speak.
>>
>>2408608
I die in the sky
>>
>>2409422
>in
>>
>>2409441
yes, in
>>
>>2408644
>Oversettings

lul, same in my language.
>>
>>2409410
Anglo Saxons were barbarian raiders, their language simply reflects that.
>>
>>2409410
>tfw the bad guys won

Germanic guttural noises from an inferior culture and people

Germanics were a mistake
>>
>>2408608

"Thread" an goodly AEnglisc word gebeing.
>>
>ywn cleanse anglish of filthy latin oversway
>>
>>2408619
Germanic =/= German/Deutsch
>>
The truth that this can be done so likewise easily should shut the trap of those fools who claim English is not a Germanic tongue.

Try doing the same thing using NO Germanic words instead.
>>
File: engli.png (84KB, 799x528px) Image search: [Google]
engli.png
84KB, 799x528px
>>2409389
You bet it is
>>
>>2408608
Unacceptable
>>
>>2409508
>easily
>fools
>claim
>using

These are French originated (sorry, couldnt find a Germanic synonym) words, faggot
Try again
>>
>>2409523

Make a comprehensible sentence in English using no Germanic words. I'll wait.
>>
>>2409536
Caesar uses toilets
>>
>>2409536
Augustus adores oranges
>>
>>2409549

Sentence fragment.
>>
>>2409536
Romanes go to the house
>>
>>2409536
Pierre loses wars
>>
>>2409536
Schlomo pays money
>>
>>2409536
Homosexuality includes anal sex
>>
Personally, I do not mind the French-derived lexicon in English. I think most of those words sound natural enough. It is the great mass of direct Latin and Greek loanwords post-1500 that really bothers me.
>>
File: chat très satisfait.jpg (10KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
chat très satisfait.jpg
10KB, 251x241px
>>2409560
>>2409561
>>2409563

So you accept that you can't meet the challenge but rather than simply admit this, you decided to be a coon. Good for you!

I accept your utterly graceless admission of defeat.
>>
>>2409571
You're the fool
All these sentences
>>2409555
>>2409561
>>2409566
are perfectly correct
>>
>>2409561
Fucking kek
>>
holy shit snow niggers are truly nothing without glorious Latins
thankfully the only relevant Germanic language was civilized by based Pierre
>>
I fucked both your sister and your mother in the pussy, butthole, and came down both of their throats
>>
>>2409556
It has a subject and predicate, what are you on about?
>>
What if you allowed Roman Latin vocabulary, but no French?
>>
>>2408608
Anglish just doesn't sound right anon
>>
>>2409779
There's literally no vocabulary dating back from the Roman Empire in English
Remember that Rome never ruled over the Anglo-Saxons

Most of the commonly used Romance vocabulary comes from French, and words that come directly from Latin (anus, forum, calculus...etc) are mostly technical terms that entered English when Latin was the European lingua franca in the Middle Age
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.