[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Texas was its own country?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: tayhahs.jpg (17KB, 233x317px) Image search: [Google]
tayhahs.jpg
17KB, 233x317px
Remember when Texas was its own country?
>>
>>2407897
Yes
>>
File: 1473047442822.jpg (21KB, 328x422px) Image search: [Google]
1473047442822.jpg
21KB, 328x422px
Texan here, of course I 'member. We literally have a course in middle school on Texas History, and it includes all our glorious time as an independent nation.

It really does fill you with a huge amount of pride. It's part of the reason we like to brag about our state everywhere we go.
>>
>>2407907
Why is Texas not part of the Holy Coumbian Confederacy?
>>
>>2407970
All in due time
>>
>>2407939
Do they make you read any books on it?

I've always been interested in the Republic of Texas
>>
>>2408001
Just our Texas History Books, which were textbooks. Like I said, it was a middle school course, and everyone in public school had to take it.
>>
File: IMG_0810.jpg (55KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0810.jpg
55KB, 300x302px
>>
>>2407897
aw yea mate, those were the days
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Republic
>>
>>2407939
that class sucked ass dude. It could barely even be called history since 80% was just a rose colored interpretation of the texas war of independence.

Never even learned about how Texas rangers would routinely ride across the Mexican border and kill hispanic civilians with impunity up into the 20th century. That class even buried that in the treaty of velasco one of the stipulations was that Mexico was suppose to round up any run-away slaves and return them to their owners lol.

I like Texas as a place to live but that class was a joke. That's why they get the middle school football coach to teach it. "come and take it!", "remember the alamo", "remember goliad!".
>>
>>2407939
>Not having Texas history twice or three times in school.

Get a load of this pleb.

On another note though, it's basically an indoctrination ground for citizens to learn of how great Texas is above other states, which causes friction to others, but I think by now they've just come to expect that Texans will be Texans.
>>
Yeah but then I always save their ass from Mexico and they apply for Statehood right after the war. - t. Liquoria 2 fag

>Oh snap this isn't /gsg/!
>>
>>2409034
kys liquorlord
>>
>>2408260
It's essentially the same propaganda as every non-cucked nation
>>
>>2407982
California should be its own Empire and annex Baja.
>>
File: 1483827171718.jpg (166KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483827171718.jpg
166KB, 1080x1080px
>>2409034
>Victoria 3 might not start during the Texan revolution.

Please Paradox, I just want to fight for the republic.
>>
File: texasdeals.png (5KB, 661x529px) Image search: [Google]
texasdeals.png
5KB, 661x529px
it still should be tbqh
>>
>>2409442
I don't know, I don't mind the other states, I just don't like the Fed. Get rid of them and let everyone do their own thing and everything would be fine.
>>
>>2409409
>mexico uses liquor mana.
>texan independence speed slowed by 100%
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.