[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Austria was THE Germany and what we know today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_6161.png (40KB, 250x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6161.png
40KB, 250x253px
Remember when Austria was THE Germany and what we know today as Germany was a bunch of irrelevant small states that happened to speak German? Funny how it ended up the other way around.
>>
yurop was also a much better place
>>
>>2407710
Yeah, nah. That didn't happen.
>>
>>2407710
I cry every time
>>
>>2407710
>Remember when Austria was THE Germany and what we know today as Germany was a bunch of irrelevant small states that happened to speak German?
No, I don't. That was way before I was born.
>>
In Europa Universalis I make sure to bully Austria ASAP, because if I don't they'll get fucking huge from all their Habsburg inheritances. Same with Russia and attempting to cut them off by annexing the Caucasus from the bottom up.
>>
>>2407733
Austria is still pretty shit
If they aren't emperor and the emperor is not on their side they are pushovers
Poland on the other hand, they'll blob with Lithuania
>>
>>2407733
The real plague is the ottomans, I tried to play as Arabia but I just couldn't fucking compete against the Ottomans I ended up having to use cheats
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 205x246px
>>2407710
DELET THIS
AEIOU
AEIOU
>>
>>2407710
Because Austrian military lagged behind the Prussian one.
And Prussia having dumb luck Seven Years' War. Normally it should have been crushed or remained an irrelevant shithole
>>
>>2407710
What, you mean Austria is a bunch of irrelevant little states that happen to speak German?
>>
>>2407746
In eu3 I recreated the Ummayad caliphate (+ turkey and Greece) with Hedjaz, good times
>>
>>2407710
Australia didn't exist until 1804 and was only created in reaction to Napoleon. Everything before that was part of the HRE, which is effectively the precursor to modern Germany
>>
>>2408395
eh, you know what I meant
>>
>>2408384
Yeah this. My little knowledge tells me that after they 7 Years War they became recognized as a Great Power and got to table with the big guys. This plus their previous military superiority.
>>
>>2408386
Yes, you have actual Austria, Styria, Karinthia, Voralberg, Tyrol...
Habsburg possessions that were glued together into "Austria".
>>
>>2408399
Do any real differences exist between these places or has Austria homogenized?
>>
>>2407710
Yes I remember that time I was a German.

t. Slovenian
>>
>>2408478
Your grandpa sure does
>>
>>2408488
>this nigger doesn't believe I'm nearly 100.

How does it feel to live in 3rd world with shitty life expectancy?
>>
>>2408445
They're probably homogenized now. But back in 1919 Voralberg wanted to join Switzerland.
>>
>>2408397
>>2408395
>>2408395
Austria had its own empire and the german part of the austrian empire was an elector in the HRE. HRE wasn't a country, it was more akin to the Deutsches Bund which followed it.
>>
>>2408384
Austria was fucked in every way possible from Sever Years' War on. It wasn't just the military, it was ethnic issues, administration, being economically hundred years late etc. Loss of Silesia was more like the trigger, Habsbourg Austria was bound to implode.
>>
>>2408541
>But back in 1919 Voralberg wanted to join Switzerland.

Back then, there was no concept of Austrian national identity. They considered themselves Germans and subjects of the Emperor, nothing more. Had they not been forbidden from joining Germany, they would have done so as fast as possible.

The idea of an independent Austrian state only started to develop after WW2.
>>
>>2408445
We are pretty much homogenized now but there are fragmental leftovers. People from the ost Austria can have difficulties to understand west Austria tue to heavy dialectic differences in language. For example that is.
>>
File: 0ddz.jpg (27KB, 233x216px) Image search: [Google]
0ddz.jpg
27KB, 233x216px
>>2407710
Austria was quite the shit before the French fucked them up
Pic related, in yellow, Austrian possessions in Europe (except for Prussia) in the late 18th century
>>
>>2407710

It is the great irony of German history that of the two nations who fought hardest to unify Germany, one is no longer considered part of Germany and the other no longer exists at all.
>>
>>2409201
They fought so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter.
>>
>>2407730
>doesn't remember his past life
Wew
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.