[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1992 general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: history.png (33KB, 1624x206px) Image search: [Google]
history.png
33KB, 1624x206px
1992 was a very interesting historical year, let's discuss it int his thread
>>
Rage Agaisnt the Machine release their self-titled debut album.
>>
File: SNES-Mod1-Console-Set[1].jpg (4MB, 5472x2840px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Mod1-Console-Set[1].jpg
4MB, 5472x2840px
During that historical time period I played vidya
>>
July 30, 1992
Former Spy Weeps at Iran-Contra Trial

By NEIL A. LEWIS
WASHINGTON, July 29— The powerful strains and tensions wrought on the Central Intelligence Agency by the Iran-contra affair were thrust into full view today as a former agency official wept on the witness stand as he testified in Federal District Court against his former superior.

Alan D. Fiers, a tall and rangy one-time football star at Ohio State University and former spy in several dangerous overseas posts, dissolved into tears near the end of his two days of testimony against Clair E. George when he was questioned about their once-close relationship.

Mr. George, who had been the third-most-senior official at the nation's principal spy agency, is charged with lying to Congress and investigators about the agency's knowledge of the Reagan Administration's illegal sale of arms to Iran and use of the profits to aid the Nicaraguan rebels.

Mr. Fiers spent much of the day describing the frantic atmosphere at the agency as it struggled to get its story straight when the facts behind the Iran-contra affair first became public knowledge.

"The pace was rapid-fire," Mr. Fiers testified. "We were moving fast and furious."

He painstakingly described how in one instance Mr. George ordered him to rewrite testimony to Congress so as not to disclose the delivery of military supplies to the rebels, or contras, being run by Lieut. Col. Oliver L. North, a National Security Council aide. Mr. Fiers also said Mr. George purposely lied to Congress about his knowledge of a former C.I.A. spy's role in the operation.

Mr. Fiers began sobbing when asked to talk about his personal relationship with Mr. George.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/30/us/former-spy-weeps-at-iran-contra-trial.html
>>
Now that I think of it, literally nothing worthy of note happened in 1992

It might be the most boring year in history
>>
I was conceived.
>>
File: IMG_0787.jpg (55KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0787.jpg
55KB, 550x412px
>>
File: 1435127316633.gif (497KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1435127316633.gif
497KB, 500x375px
>I was born
>Tfw I am now officially history
>>
Music was at a peak.
George HW Bush raising them taxes.
Cold War over for less than a year.

Pretty exciting times.
>>
i was 14.

nothing happened in 1992.
>>
>>2400034
>I was 14

oldfag
>>
>>2399950
Okay but we can only discuss everything up to 21 February.
>>
>>2400008

iktf

but I'm not technically history yet cause

>>2400380

>inb4 b&
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.