[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are South American civilizations like the Incas compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Why are South American civilizations like the Incas compared to other civilizations like they had the same time to develop like old ass places in the old world.

Do you realize the Inca empire was only 100 years old and had already built pic related?
>>
File: 1419181492450.png (12KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1419181492450.png
12KB, 560x407px
I never got that either. The fucking Aztec Empire began in 1468. There are universities in Europe much older than that.
>>
The people the Andes didn't just flash into existence 100 years ago. It's not like America got to the Moon all by itself with no help from the humans before it in just a little under 200 years.
>>
>>2399212
*100 years before the Spanish arrived
>>
>>2399212
But why is that important? The important thing is that when they did get together and formed a civilization they accomplished everything in only 100 years.
>>
>>2399205
>The fucking Aztec Empire began in 1468
>>2399195
>Do you realize the Inca empire was only 100 years old
You do realize they were more or less conglomerates of smaller integrated polities with a long history of precursor cultures, yes? And that by the time the Spanish made contact, "Spain" had only been a thing since, like, what? Reconquista wasn't even over in 1491, Grenada was still a thing.

So why is it still so hard to grok that these empires didn't consolidate until shortly before Euro contact when some of the the Euro nations we recognize today still hadn't coalesced?
>>
>>2399229
and who civilized the area? 800 years of Muslim rule who brought them advancements. Before they were barbaric Visigoths.
>>
>>2399237
Look if this is some sort of appeal to like ancient aliens or whatever else would imply that it's impossible for a succession of linked cultures to get it's shit together and imperialize, then I'm just gonna duck out now.
>>
>>2399226
Australia's only been a country 100 years, and it's done more
>>
>>2399253
Let's fucking ignore that they already had the knowledge available.

A student of calculus nowadays know as much as Newton. Does that mean they are smarter than Isaac Newton? Coming up with something is harder than adopting it.
>>
>>2399237
>Lex Romana Visigothorum
Sure they were.
>>
>>2399258
It's not like they only just then figured out complex culture. At all. Each of the cultural states making up the Inca empire didn't just invent roads, temples, and microclimate agriculture.

They simply applied them more widely through the geographic limits of the empire.
>>
>>2399195
Tbqh a more fair comparison would be between American civilizations rather than Eurasia and Africa which was all interconnected and benefitted from each others technological innovations. Given all the setbacks they had while Europeans and Asians played on easy mode, Id say its pretty impressive what Americans managed to accomplish.
>>
>>2399258
I'm responding to a post asserting that nothing leading up to the Incan Empire being founded contributed to the Incan's accomplishments
>>
File: Late-intermediate-peru.png (66KB, 1730x3200px) Image search: [Google]
Late-intermediate-peru.png
66KB, 1730x3200px
>>2399271
>Eurasia and Africa which was all interconnected and benefitted from each others technological innovations
I think the key to OP's question is the fact that the states making up the Inca were sharing technology, ideas, concepts, practices, and cultures with each other in the first place.

The empire didn't just pop into existence overnight.
>>
>>2399237
The Visigoths were the most Romaniced Germanic tribe. Places like Sevilla or Cordoba were alredy extremelly prosperous when they were ruling
>>
>>2399195
>>2399205
No way, are you saying that some universities are older than the Spanish Empire??
I thought it all began in 1492
that's crazy dude
>>
>>2399280
There were previous empires and states that predated the Incas and Aztecs by centuries even thousands of years (Wari, Olmecs, Preclassic Zapotec, Teotihuacan, Nazca). But the development of civilizations started much later compared to the other hemisphere and it didn't accelerate at their same rate either in part due to lack of domesticable animals to help them move across vast distances in short time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.