[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christians of /his/, do you ever pray the Rosary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Christians of /his/, do you ever pray the Rosary?
>>
I DO NOT, BUT I DO PRAY EVERY DAY, AFTER AWAKENING, AND EVERY NIGHT, BEFORE SLEEPING.

ONE SHOULD PRAY EVERY DAY, AT LEAST ONCE, REGARDLESS OF THE SPIRITUAL DOCTRINE TO WHICH ONE BELONGS.
>>
>>2398241
I'm going to learn, hopefully over Lent.

It's more of a (Latin) Catholic and maybe Anglican thing, though. Eastern Christians usually have their own forms of prayer beads/ropes and Protestants usually aren't too into them.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (728KB, 1113x1503px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
728KB, 1113x1503px
>>2398265
>>
>>2398299
So when meditating on the mysteries do you actually open a bible? Just contemplate it?
>>
>>2398318
I think you just contemplate, I've never seen anyone pray a rosary and stop to read a few verses.
>>
>>2398299
That's a lot of Hail Marys
>>
>>2398364
UUUU
>>
>>2398241
There was an Anon here awhile back that would spam posts about Rosary meditation effecting battles and wars
>>
>>2398241
more catholic magic talismans?
>>
most surreal experience of my life was being on a bus full of old grannies, we were going to some big cathedral a four hour ride away, they did rosaries the entire time definitely entered a trance like state
>>
>>2398299
How do they remember all that shit?
>>
Matthew 6:7
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
>>
>>2398241

No, cause I'm not a catholic
>>
>>2398559
>Implying this repetition is vain because you don't like it
>>
>>2398559
This
>>
>>2398364
Full old Rosary, 150 Hail Marys, was called "Poor man psalter" for a reason.
>>2398524
It not that much when you actually want to remember it. Even five years old kids know how to pray it (maybe without ending prayers since they are less popular).
>>2398559
"And leaving them, he went again: and he prayed the third time, saying the selfsame word" Matt 26:44
>>2398456
Rosary is by definition meditation upon life of Christ via perspective of Mary. Good prayers is conversation in both ways.
>>
>>2398241

Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YcGRNmkB00
>>
>>2398524
it's not as hard as it looks, especially given how complicated that chart makes it.

the invocation is literally just remembering "in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit. amen."

the apostole's creed is a bit harder, but still not terrible -- I learned it in a week when I converted to Christianity.

1) it's you can divide it into 3 parts: a part about the father (literally one sentence "I believe in God the father, creator of heaven and earth"), a part about jesus, and a part about the holy spirit. if you know the Jesus story, it's not hard to simply memorize each section, one sentence at a time, section by section.

2) you say it in church every week.

as for the Lord's prayer, its shorter than the Creed, and can be memorized sentence by sentence easily. you can even break it down into what the petitions are for to aid in assembling the order of memorized sentences:
>invocation
>petition for kingdom
>for God's will
>for daily bread
>forgiveness
>lead not into temptation
>kingdom, power, glory
>amen

also, it too is said in church weekly.

the doxology is simply remembering the names of the Trinity, and what past present and future are ("glory be to God the father, and the son, and the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and forever will be, amen").

the rest I can't speak on because im not Catholic and dont use the hail Mary, etc, but the general idea is always going to be
>memorize how the text can be broken up topically
>memorize the individual sentences of each topical sub section.

again, it takes only about a week to learn all this shit, and that's if you're not trying.

if you want hard, try memorizing Luther's small catechism.
>>
>>2398784
For memorising Hail Mary sections are:
>Invocation
>Blessing upon Mary and Jesus
>Second invocation
>Asking for prayers

For O my Jesus it's:
>Invocation
>Forgive us
>Save us
>Lead us to Heaven
>Give your mercy to those in need

I never actually momoraised ending prayers since I used prayer book.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.