[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to the corrupt southern sheriff of the 40s and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: boss_hogg_4173.jpg (29KB, 294x389px) Image search: [Google]
boss_hogg_4173.jpg
29KB, 294x389px
What happened to the corrupt southern sheriff of the 40s and 50s?

I mean obviously corruption still exists, but I'm talking about "Y'all got 5 minutes to get outta my county, nigger" corrupt. While there are still those types around, but by the 70s they've largely seem to have gone by the wayside.

What happened? Better accountability? Police reform? Just evolving culture?
>>
>>
they learned to keep it lowkey
>>
>>2394728
He had valid reasons though. Also it wasn't him who was out of line, but rather his deputies who fucked around too much with the guy.

Also the sheriff got Rambo something eat (out of his own pocket btw) and gave him a ride to the town line. Rambo never should have turned around, it was completely out of spite.
>>
>>2394757
>He had valid reasons though.
Every asshole has reasons. This particular asshole was on a power trip.
>>
>>2394713
It was always a stereotype.
>>
>>2394713
Stop taking your history from movies you stupid fuck.
>>
>>2394781

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Price
>>
The sheriff serves at the pleasure of the public that elected him, and so generally doesn't stray far from their values.
You saw and still see 'corrupt' sheriffs in 'corrupt' locals. Sometimes despite this, he is still genuinely the best person they can come up with for the job.
If the county is racist, the sheriff probably is also because he is from that county.
>>
>>2394713
>implying southerners have changed significantly since the 70s.
>>
>>2394713
they're fighting the war on drugs
civil asset forfeiture
read a fucking book
>>
File: ham sandwich.jpg (33KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
ham sandwich.jpg
33KB, 620x330px
>>2394713

Now the corrupt sheriff is often a nigger himself.

t. New Orleans PD, regarded as one of the most "racially balanced" police departments in America and still infested with corruption
>>
>>2394728

>Be Vietnam Vet
>Deface your uniform with inappropriate US flag
>Except people to take you seriously when you're begging claiming to be a Vet.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.