[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post unique, cool or intetesting creatures from your country's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: letöltés.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
letöltés.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Post unique, cool or intetesting creatures from your country's folklore/mythology

>tfw you have none
>>
File: lech_czech_rus.jpg (123KB, 449x519px) Image search: [Google]
lech_czech_rus.jpg
123KB, 449x519px
When in doubt turn to your coat of arms. I suppose all we share all of our mythical creatures with other slavic countries.
>>
The French.
>>
trolls

and qt girls with cowtails that hide in the forests
>>
>>2394112
hát a csodaszarvas meg a turulmadár?
te zsidó
>>
>>2394112
>Hungary
>no interesting creatures from your country's folklore/mythology
?
I don't even like Hungary but this seems weird. East European countries usually have tons of these things.
>>
>>2394112
https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%90smagyar_vall%C3%A1s
>>
For a lack of a better word, elves. They're a bit smaller than a human child.

The story goes you could find them dancing and frolicking in open fields, and you had to put moss in your ears so you didn't hear their song. Otherwise they'd pull you into their dance, and you'd be transported to their kingdom.

The elves loved having fun, and they lived for thousands of years. The problem is that time passes quickly when your having fun, and you'd have so much fun dancing with the elves in their kingdom that every year felt only like a second, so you'd dance your life away in a minute.
>>
File: Mylingen.png (512KB, 924x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mylingen.png
512KB, 924x960px
>>2395631
There's also a being called "Myling", which was the ghost of a child who was born out of wedlock, and never given a name, or been baptized.

They could be found where their mothers had left them to die, in swamps, forests, etc. If you walked across an area where a Myling could be found you sometimes could hear the cries and screams of a child. Sometimes they spoke to you, and screamed for help, "Give me a name! Give me a name!". Then you could save their soul by saying "Here, take my name it's...".

There's also a story of a farmer who was out for a walk when he heard the cries of a Myling. "Grandpa, grandpa, I want to be breastfed!". The farmer didn't respond, but eventually he gave in and said, "If you have someone to breastfeed from then do so, but you're not getting anything from me!". When the farmer later returned home he found his daughter dead with blood flowing from her breasts. He had implicitly given the Myling "permission" with his words.

There's a bunch more spooky beings like this.
>>
File: 1900948_1200_675.jpg (48KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
1900948_1200_675.jpg
48KB, 612x344px
Näcken. A naked man with a fiddle, luring people to streams where he drowns them. Somewhat similar to Kelpie. It's from Sweden, by the way.
>>
File: Hoop_snake.jpg (196KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
Hoop_snake.jpg
196KB, 900x650px
SE USA here.

I'll toss the Hoop Snake into the mix. Mean-ass venomous snakes, if you made them mad they'd bite their own tail and roll after you, making it impossible to escape the bastards.

My great grandmother used to tell me in absolute seriousness that "Snakes used to do this, when I was a girl."
>>
File: Woltershausen.png (137KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
Woltershausen.png
137KB, 250x300px
>Hödeken
>dwarf/kobold/goblin
>carrying messages between Hildesheim and Winzenburg
>has a hiking path named after him (Rennstieg)

>helpful house spirit for the bishop of Hildesheim
>stopped the night watch from falling asleep
>offered military advice
>warned of impending danger
>cool guy all around

>some guy asks Hödeken to make sure his wife doesn't cheat on him
>leaves town
>lovers literally swarming the woman
>Hödeken jumps around between them
>throws people to the ground
>summons demons to scare them
>later says he would rather tend all the swine in all of Saxony than take care of such a thot again

>another time, a kitchen boy pisses him off
>Hödeken chokes him, cuts him to pieces and literally roasts the guy
>>2394147
>and qt girls with cowtails that hide in the forests
Tell me more
>>
File: jump at a body.jpg (40KB, 500x655px) Image search: [Google]
jump at a body.jpg
40KB, 500x655px
>>2395697
She also swore up and down that she had seen a Jump-at-a-Body," a more-or-less puma that lurked in the tall grass, and would leap out at unsuspecting people, run at them roaring, then stop about two feet away, roar again, then sort of get embarrassed and slink away. She said if you ran when he jumped at you, he'd chase you and chase you until you finally stopped and stood your ground -- so the only real danger he posed was if you were scared and just ran yourself to death.

A pretty good ancestor of the classic movie "cat scare," with an added moral tale about courage.
>>
>>2394147
>qt girls with cowtails that hide in the forests

Sounds like relatives of wood wives. Alluring siren/will-o-the-wisp relatives that looked like beautiful women from the front, but if you followed her deeper and deeper into the wood, and finally caught her, when you embraced her THERE WAS NOTHING BUT A VOID FROM BEHIND!!! Dunt dnunt DUUUHHH!!!

Not sure what happened then, but at the very least you were now lost in the woods.

Modern "folk artists" tend to show them as women with just a hollow hole in the middle of their back, but that misses the scarier story, that all they were was an appearance of beauty, from the other side there was nothing there at all.
>>
>>2394112
Eddie Lenihan has good books about Irish folklore. I've met him myself, a nice and interesting man.

Off the top of my head I think I remember a story from one of his books (The stories are collected from elderly country people who he meets) where a man is walking late at night and comes across some little people playing hurling. They are missing a team member so they ask him to join them. The man, scared of what might happen if he refuses, accepts, and puts on a good show for the little people who let him go home unharmed.

Not sure if that's exactly how the story goes but that's how I remember it off the top of my head.
>>
>>2395514
>East European
This meme again
>>
>>2395683
interesting, I thought the botchling in the witcher was an original idea
>>
A "Valravn" from Denmark

It is a malicious half raven, half wolf that only flies by night. The creature is a restless soul (i.e. a man, often a knight) that is in search of a way to break the curse of being a "Valravn". It does this by consuming the entire heart of a child.

Here is a folk song about the valravn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAcJ_T-E3xE
>>
Samser, looks like a badger with an anteaters trout
>>
>>2395788
What?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.