[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The day the music died

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Tell me about February 3, 1959
>>
>>2394041
I kind of look like the guy on the left
>>
>>2394053
>the guy on the left
>>
>>2394041

They were on a plane. The plane crashed. They died. The end.
>>
File: 6xakDFJ.jpg (31KB, 461x131px) Image search: [Google]
6xakDFJ.jpg
31KB, 461x131px
Music didn't die in 1959. It died in 2011.
>>
>>2394041
A long long time ago...
>>
>>2394057
>the reference
>your head
>>
File: abdel-halim-hafez.jpg (35KB, 590x413px) Image search: [Google]
abdel-halim-hafez.jpg
35KB, 590x413px
It died in 1977, when the Nightingale died.
>>
>>2394041
Crashing this plane with no survivors
>>
Thats a big bopper.
>>
>>2394061
>1910 music started
>1920-1950 classical music
>2000 gangsta songs start to appear
What the fuck did I just read
>>
>>2394059
Kind of this. What details was OP expecting?

The crash happened because the pilot was being an idiot and attempted a flight he wasn't qualified (or allowed by the chartering company) to make. He was poor at using instruments, and was only allowed to fly when he could see where he was going; since there was so little visibility that night, he fucked up pretty quickly and killed everyone. It was also kind of messed up that the promoters for the concert scheduled everything so poorly and rented a shitty bus with no heater in the first place.
>>
>>2396419
>with no heater
Really not as uncommon then as you would think.
>>
>>2396370
4U
>>
>>2396438
Maybe, but it's still kind of a shitty move for a series of winter concerts in the upper Midwest featuring a bunch of popular artists. Apparently everyone was miserable to whole time, and that's not really a good way to treat the talent. The promoters for the tour ended up mishandling pretty much every aspect of it in order to maximize profits, and it had pretty bad results.
>>
Oh and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage
No angel born in Hell
Could break that Satan's spell

And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite
I saw Satan laughing with delight
The day the music died
He was singin'

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news
But she just smiled and turned away

I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
But not a word was spoken
The church bells all were broken

And the three men I admire most
The Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died
And they were singing

Bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry
And them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die
This'll be the day that I die
>>
>>2396453
>Apparently everyone was miserable to whole time, and that's not really a good way to treat the talent. The promoters for the tour ended up mishandling pretty much every aspect of it in order to maximize profits, and it had pretty bad results
Also not that uncommon for the time, even for people like the big three. Same went for actors and such. You don't really see a shift from this until the late 60's outside of people who made their own way like Elvis or has been in the business for decades like Sinatra.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.