[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About real values and world here and now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Chemical Element.jpg (61KB, 413x413px) Image search: [Google]
Chemical Element.jpg
61KB, 413x413px
We live in a different era using values of our grandparents. Some say that depression and anxiety became a problem during early 20th century because of values that were pressed on new generation by their elders. We as human race won the battle against anxiety and depression during 80's and 90's when efficient therapy was invented. But we did not learn much so far. Our elders branded "our" values for us, and today most of us is considered a failure because we do not meet the goals we are expected to reach. You can not post goals in fast changing world, you can only adapt to it. You must reject values of your elders if they are unreasonable if something is not possible today it is not possible because lifestyle now is different. Sure during school and college we knew what to expect. I believe this world is very good in meeting needs of young people, but few years later this same world will reject those young people. Point is the lack of plan. You are expected to figure out everything. This is a lot for first post I hope someone will read it. Feel free to post any comment, thank you.
>>
>>2388995
only modern liberals use the word ''value'' for ''moral principle''.
a value a number which changes in time.
>>
>>2389025
not really conservatives used it as often
>>
>>2388995
It's funny that you mention depression..

The human race didn't win the battle against anxiety and depression.

Depression and anxiety aren't diseases; they have a use, otherwise they wouldn't be as prevalent in modern society.

Depression is a vestigial function in humans, because we have a modern society. As you say, we live according to our grandparents' values, and those standards are impossible in a changing society, because the grain of change is a progression towards something else, something opposite of our traditional values.

This progression DOES have a rhythm and rhyme. it follows the system of government and law, and it follows the economy, and it follows religion, 3 things we don't need. We've let go of our grandparents' values because the anxiety of law, economy and god is pushing us away from our natural-born interests.
>>
>>2388995
I'm not from America. I am from Europe my native language is not English. I am for democracy and rule of law, I am not a liberal. To make some points clearer I said that we should consider some of values our grandparents had, not all of them. We should keep the ones that still hold water these days (as people that live in this age and time). So I say that our ancestors meant well but that we cannot do everything that they deemed good for us, we must do some things that they never knew at their time in history. Like for instance there was a time when girls did not like boys who did not wear a mustache. Thank you for your responses I read them and I liked them all
>>
>>2388995
>We as human race won the battle against anxiety
It is worse than ever. More people have more time than ever; we drug on stimulants (coffee, fructose, etc.) and then have nothing to do with all that energy.
We are deprived of healthy, nutrient-filled vegetables; our bodies produce chemicals to instill fear in us that our bodies are suffering and damage is happening that will need even more nutrients to heal.

But I definitely inherited from my parents and it took a lot of years to see they were incompetent. Generational rituals passed down and accepted without question, as followers.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.