[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain this shit catholics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: thenyoucan.png (60KB, 238x314px) Image search: [Google]
thenyoucan.png
60KB, 238x314px
how do I into salvation?
>you gotta follow all these rules and be a good person your whole life
what if someone didn't do that but wants to repent, does it not count?
>uhh...
>>
>>2388890
If he truly repented, he will follow the rules.
>>
>>2388910
retroactively?
>>
>>2388912
Prospectively
>>
>>2388954
are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
File: IMG_1298.jpg (39KB, 568x539px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1298.jpg
39KB, 568x539px
>>2388890
Faith without works is dead, that's all I'm going to say.
>>
>>2388890
Unnecessary guilt and unnecessary thoughts are personal issues than could corrupt your soul. So salvation is not in danger in that situation but you could get out of God's favor. If you did something and did not repent to a Cristian than again your soul could be corrupted and you might drift out of God's favor. But that could not mean that you are doomed because God decides on your faith. Salvation is a process you begin when you are baptized but you develop during life and beyond, have fun on your journey.
>>
>>2389084
>>2389362
But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
Romans 4:5-8
>>
>>2389685
Completely cut out of context. Paul is speaking specifically about works upholding the Old Covenant (and even more specifically, circumcision). He even says within the same epistle (2:6) that God will repay each person according to what they have done.
>>
>>2389739
Jesus said that he, who believed the gospel and has been baptized, shall be saved. (Mark 16: 15, 16) Clearly those that are baptized have obeyed the gospel. We believe the gospel when we assent to the truth that Jesus--- died, was buried, and arose.

Jesus is the source of eternal salvation to those that obey Him.
>>
>>2388890
Mortal sin dooms you to hell
Venial sin just makes you spend more time in purgatory
Also Luther and Calvin are retarded
>>
>>2390413
>Jesus said that he, who believed the gospel and has been baptized, shall be saved.

The point is that if you don't do works you DON'T actually believe the gospel.

Your works are not the source of your salvation (which is Jesus and faith in Him). However, you not doing works is proof that you don't have faith.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.