[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Issues with freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: thinking.png (1MB, 1255x742px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
1MB, 1255x742px
Should man be free to preform acts which might be considered degenerate onto himself? Consumption of narcotics, becoming overweight, living a life of negativity and crime for instance. Is personal freedom really just?
>>
>>2385692
Personal freedom is your only hope for not degenerating because without it you're either degrading yourself or others.
>>
becoming THICK is a noble pursuit
>>
>>2385692
The issue is that a framework to prevent such things has other undesirable effects.
>>
>>2385712

Could you elaborate?
>>
>>2385750
Watching every human being in a city requires lots of resources. It's an investment that likely won't pay off.
>>
>>2385762

But say the investment was made through education. Usually lack of education is the largest factor in the aforementioned acts.
>>
>>2385692
yes he shoul. limiting what one can do to oneself is a dangerous precedent because the definition of "degenerate" changes...

>homosexuality
>masturbation
>"body modification"
etc
>>
>>2385798
Educating people isn't reducing freedom.
>>
>>2385822

But it reduces acts of freedom that might destroy the society.
>>
>>2385829
Making educated choices doesn't mean your freedom has been reduced.
I suppose you could argue that it's an attempt by authority to guilt or reason individuals into certain behaviours, but the essential freedom to perform the act is still there.
>>
>>2385692
Killing people is offensive to others and it is degenerate upon themselves.
This level of degeneracy should not be tolerated.
Or do you want killers that would spend every day of their life shootin people if the law was not there. Look at what happened to the number of child- and wife-beatings in Russia once they passed a law decriminalizing a "little bit" of assault. It skyrocketed in mere days.
We do rapists and killers no favors by allowing them to harm others. If they were ever to face their acts with compassion and feelings, they would kill themselves.
>>
Please tell me how ingesting drugs is defenerate. I find your lack of curiosity to be degenerate. It is a noble pursuit to stretch and bend one's consciousness to its absolute limit, to better understand how feeble amd easily massively manipulated your perespective may become.
>>
File: confus.png (68KB, 348x314px) Image search: [Google]
confus.png
68KB, 348x314px
>>2385692
>degenerate
>>
>>2385692
Learning asceticism and self control purely due to fear of punishment from authority figures cultivates no real virtues in a person at all. They're operating on the same hedonistic principles.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.