/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

George Washington

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: George Washington.jpg (275KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
George Washington.jpg
275KB, 800x452px
Why is he considered the best US president?
>>
>>2384883
He could have seized power but chose not to, he laid foundations of the presidency and the peaceful transition of power
>>
He was not a partisan cuck
>>
File: Thomas-Jefferson-Quotes-2.jpg (97KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Jefferson-Quotes-2.jpg
97KB, 600x384px
>>2384883
He wasn't as good as Thomas Jefferson
>>
>>2384883
C-Span poll had Lincoln the Tyrant as #1.

solely in terms of accomplishmts in office, I'd give it to one of he Roosevelts.

entire polcal career? Johm Adams or Thomas Jefferson
>>
>>2384936
>Jefferson
>not the sole reason America is shit today
Kys

Parties were a MISTAKE
>>
>>2384883

His leadership and meme status, and I say that in a good way. Like in the way legends are made and inspire people in hard times.

If you've never read Almost a Miracle, you should check it out. He was a pretty mediocre military commander on a technical side, but he was really great at rallying and inspiring people to keep fighting when they were in a world of shit.
>>
>>2384940
>John "utter incompetence" Adams
>>
>>2384953
>implying parties were soly Jefferson's idea.

>>2384958
he was instrumental to the Revolution, had a direct hand in our formation of gov. (three branches, checks n balances).

I said I'd give it to him considering his ENTIRE political career. His presidency was rough and he was a bastard federalist, but he was Trump tier at kickng out the French and prevented a war
>>
>>2384883
Because the more you read about him, the fucking crazier it gets that such a principled man actually existed.

Shit general though. His fucking battle plans were inception tier convoluted.
>>
>>2384936
>NONSENSE A STANDING ARMY IS TYRANNY
>White house burns to the fucking ground as the militia runs for the hills

Jefferson has the right ideals, he just had no fucking clue how to run a nation.
>>
>2017

>hes not a Washingtonboo

explain yourself
>>
>>2385091
Best snek
>>
The man could pull off a hell of a retreat and could lead his men through the craziest sort of conditions and never lose the respect of his men.The british could beat him in battle but could never actually finish him off. Washington spent most of the war getting beaten and always managing to rally his men and get out of danger with his army in tact. In a colonial war against an imperial master, time is the colonial's friend and the master's enemy, so all Washington had to do was literally survive until the French got around to sending their navy over to coordinate with him on one last big push. That leads me to my other point, which is that Washington had that trait that all great generals from hannibal to marius to caesar to napoleon and so forth had: he could force march his men at lightning speed, and hit hard when it mattered, where it mattered. The british were expecting an attack on new york and Washington had spent a long time preparing a fake new york offensive, then he proceeded to 180 and force marched his army right towards the victory that ended the war. A lesser man would have crumbled, surrendered, or lost the respect of his men long before that point, but Washington held them together through everything and after half a decade, he still had his fucking army after losing more decisive battles than he had fingers. That in itself is an accomplishment.
>>
>>2385091

He's a big guy, one might even say a big boss.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.