[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can /his/ tell me about the Boxer Rebellion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1110.jpg (121KB, 995x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.jpg
121KB, 995x549px
What can /his/ tell me about the Boxer Rebellion
>>
China btfo
>>
>>2382754
Wikipedia to give you an overview anon. Don't start a thread about something so broad that a little research can't narrow down and have you ask "why did the powers involved really intervene?" Or "was the rebellion justified?".
>>
>>2382764
Well was the rebellion justified? That's actually a good question
>>
>>2382767
Those were just examples my mistake for not clarifying.
Honestly yes and no. In the sense that the Chinese as a whole were being exploited and resentment of foreign intrusion was popular however the destructive and disorganized nature of the rebellion gave the foreign powers all justification they needed to put down he rebellion and succeed in that endeavor
>>
>western nations team up to enslave and kill hundreds of thousands of the Chinese for drugs
>chinese eat it up and be obediant for a few years
>decide enough is enough and start rebellion, western nations can't believe they get another chance of giving their armies some live-target practice
>>
>The west ft Japan massacre Chinese armed with their fist
>>
>>2382754
Your classic homegrown attempt (now in Chinese!) of a bunch of farmers who believe their spiritual kungfu powers would allow them to reclaim their country from foreign control.
>>
>>2382959
Forgot to add, it didn't work, the Qing got further harsh terms imposed against them, and things for the Qing kept on its rapid decline until its rapid implosion on double 10 day
>>
>>2382762
Stupid meme

"China" objectively won that war
>>
>>2382994
>"China" objectively won that war
No, they didn't. They objectively lost the fuck out of it. They may have gained from it but that's irrelevant.
>>
>>2382994
>having your capital occupied and being forced to sign a peace treaty means you won.
>>
File: Yuan_shikai.jpg (35KB, 312x500px) Image search: [Google]
Yuan_shikai.jpg
35KB, 312x500px
>>2382754
The Chinese Military's decision to disregard the Dowager Empress' orders to move out against the Coalition doomed the Dynasty but in someways saved China from a multicultural buttfucking since had they did so, the actual armies of the Seven Nation Coalition wouldve arrived in China.

That said, it also seeded the Warlord Period which would cut the legs off the nascent Chinese republic.

Yuan Shikai was truly the hero China deserved at the time.
>>
>>2382754
It was the final flare up of Chinese civilization's historical autism where every now and again they get even more obsessed than usual with living in the past and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world.
>>
>>2383130
>even more obsessed than usual with living in the past and cutting themselves off from the rest of the world.
>Le China is like Japan with le isolation meme.
Wish this meme would end.

Only britcucks weren't allowed. Frogs, Portugal, Dutch, were trading pretty damn ok with Chinkdom. Spain was welcome too since all they did was sat pretty in the Philippines. Due to a buttload of factors the Qing didn't really like to trade with Britain.

The only time China was truly cutoff was during the Haijin sea-trade bans, which was a defensive measure versus pirates, with the only two cases of such lasting just 20 years each and only affected the sea route.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.