[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if carthage WON the thord punic war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2017-02-16-21-00-18--342766893.jpg (12KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16-21-00-18--342766893.jpg
12KB, 224x224px
What would happen if carthage WON the thord punic war?
>>
Don't think winning the THIRD Punic War would have changed anything at all. It was pretty much just a formality to destroying Carthage.
>>
Carthage was already wrecked to hell and back after the second war, the third "war" was jut a flimsy pretext Rome used to finish off Carthage once and for all.
>>
Nothing. They would have been economically crippled either forced into an unfavourable treaty or risk being BTFO in a fourth and decisive war for Rome.
>>
>>2379145
They would have lost the fourth Punic War?
>>
>>2379246
>>2380567

>Romans at that period ever accepting defeat.

You guys really don't know your history.
The only way for Carthage to win the against the romans would be to utterly vanquish them and destroy their civilisation. If that were to happen then Carthage would reclaim its place as the dominating power in the whole of the western mediterranean. I.e shit would go back to the way it was before the first punic war albeit with a Carthage who was much more capable and willing to occupy new territory. Ofc this result would have only been probable if Carthage won the second punic war. I wouldn't be surprised if a carthaginian victory in the long run lead to a civil war between Hannibal (i.e the Barcids/ the war party) and the anti-war party as a result of the
relative autonomy of the Barcid families conquests and the hostility between the two factions.
>>
>>2380959
>The only way for Carthage to win the against the romans would be to utterly vanquish them and destroy their civilisation

Yes, But at the time of the third punic war Carthage was basically nothing.

Rome controlled the majority of former Carthaginian territories/Sea routes and were by that time militarily superior.

There would have been nothing left to do other than to continue fighting a hopeless war or negotiate a treaty in hopes of eeking out some sort of autonomy.

Although, if the salting over of Carthage was anything to go by I am not entirely sure the Romans would have desisted in their aggression's.
>>
>>2382200
Did you even bother to read my comment beyond what you quoted? I cleared mentioned that the only plausible way for Carthage to win in its feud with Rome was if it won the second punic war.
>>
>>2383033
But they didn't? Op asked what would happen if they won the Third Punic war.
>>
>>2383356
Are you being deliberately obtuse?
What part of my original comment didn't you understand?
>>
>>2383788
Ugh you're hopeless my friend.

Go bait and shitpost somewhere else.
>>
>>2384531
Are you drunk anon?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.