[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

History of the CIA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: images (90).jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images (90).jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Please tell me about the history of the CIA, /his/.
I find that I am woefully ignorant of the origins and stated purpose of this organization.
>>
>>2378309

Well, I don't know very much, but I can tell you that it evolved from the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI).
>>
>>2378309
Started as the OSS in WWII under Wild Bill Donovan. Supposedly contained to offshore actions only. Do shit like overthrow countries' leadership and assassinate folks. Black ops shit.

See "Sicario" to see how they get around that restriction.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (37KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
37KB, 615x409px
It was created to CALL IT IN
>>
>>2378309

Here's what you need to know about CIA and NSA.

They're college professors. They think like college professors. They're as "geeky" as college professors. At least nowadays.

Replace the image of the super calm and collected MIBs staffing the place and think more along the lines of that bitch of a teacher in a GE art class.

It's not how it started but that's how it is nowadays.

The dynamic of DoD hating the shit out of the State Department is formidable jocks versus professors who have unfalsifiable ideas.
>>
The CIA was created by the National Security Act after WW2 to help deal with the reds and prevent another pearl harbor.

It's primary job is to give intelligence to the White House and if necessary conduct clandestine actions on behalf of the White House.

It used to be run by the Ivy League, but in the 70s and 80s you started to get more Reagan republicans and ex military men.

During the Cold War it advanced a policy of "radical pragmatism" where literally anyone who helped against the commies would be aided, regardless of how repulsive they were.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.