[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scotland's Vitrified Forts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0298.jpg (191KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0298.jpg
191KB, 500x498px
>pretty much only present in Scotland, some found in other parts of Europe but very rarely
>rocks or even entire walls of these Iron Age forts are melted together and fused like glass
>these are before recorded history and can be found in unusual places, like a small island that would've been hard to get to with the amount of firewood needed
>archaeologists tried to recreate this with wood and managed to melt a few rocks, but said it would take half the trees in Scotland to melt the forts how they are now

What melted the forts, guys? Planning on going to the most impressive one in a few months, Top O' Noth to check it out.

Was it the ayy lmaos?
>>
>>2378290
rain and lava and ash and titans and superheroes and aliens and ancient civiizaions and global warming and cclonic torpedos and the emperor's wrath andg;ass panels
>>
>>2378290
Enemies piling wood against the walls and setting it on fire during a siege them seems reasonable.
>>
>>2378290
it would take all the wood in scotland if it was all done in one fire. But we don't know that that's the case. It could have been thousands of fires over the course of several centuries.
>>
>>2378304
But the fires would 't burn hot enough and couldn't be kept going long enough with the amount of wood in the area. People tried to recreate it and failed
>>
>>2378314
Do we know for sure they used only wood fires? They could have had accelerants, like pitch or tar.
>>
>>2378290
Obviously ancient Atlantean knowledge
>>
>>2378336
Good point, but why haven't they been found in the rest of the U.K., apart from a couple in Northern Ireland?
>>
>>2378346
Cultural differences? This thread is the first I've heard of them, but after a little googling, I found that one theory is that they were melted as a kind of closing ritual. They weren't going to use the fort anymore, so to honor it they gave it a proper 'burial'. Maybe the Irish and English didn't feel the need to do that, but the Picts and/or Scots did?

But idk like I said I've done practically no research.
>>
>>2378290
Forgotten remnants of the hyperwar
>>
File: DSC05596.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
DSC05596.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
not exactly the same but I took this pic in Inishmore, amazing place
>>
>>2378346
>>2378290
Ulster-Scots had a space faring empire before the Irish arrived.
>>
>>2378290
>What melted the forts, guys?
Dragons
>>
File: Snapchat-1339167017.jpg (504KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1339167017.jpg
504KB, 1080x1920px
>>2378290
It was super-advanced ebonoid colonists. They were ousted by Yakub's evil experiments, though.
>>
>>2378290

Take it to /x/
>>
>>2379665
This to be honest. It is said that they could move shit with their minds before those damn Edomites started holding brothas down
>>
File: nwsoqrlmxj1tto5oc4ce.jpg (31KB, 760x506px) Image search: [Google]
nwsoqrlmxj1tto5oc4ce.jpg
31KB, 760x506px
I'm assuming through a simple technique we don' know now. For example, it was lost on us how they moved the 25 ton stones that make up stonehendge, but some guy proved it is quite easy if you carve a bunch of rocks into spheres and roll the rocks along them.

Scotland did a lot of cool shit, they actually used to create artifical islands and we still don't know exactly how they did it. Pic related is one of them.
>>
>>2380048
yes we do, they're crannogs and are found throughout britain and ireland
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.