[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pleasure/pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What makes pain feel 'painful'? Of course I don't mean what causes it or even what it is in the sense of it perhaps being some type of qualia, I mean what is it about pain that makes us want to avoid it? Likewise, how does feeling pleasure cause us to want to seek it? It just seems so inexplicable and bizarre and counter to our usual observation of world being being reducible.
>>
File: 1485486055819.jpg (24KB, 357x270px) Image search: [Google]
1485486055819.jpg
24KB, 357x270px
>>2375833
>What makes pain feel 'painful'? Of course I don't mean what causes it or even what it is in the sense of it perhaps being some type of qualia, I mean what is it about pain that makes us want to avoid it?
the sens of self (,of mattering)

pain becomes painful because once you believe and construct a self, once you take it for personal, once you take it seriously.

People are too nihilistic[=project ''values'' on what they experience] and they claim that painful pain is bad or that ''it makes men stronger'', but pain is jsut pain, no need to tack on words on it. pain sucks and the way to stop craving going from pain to pleasure is the way to stop personifying whatever is experienced, NOT to go from pain to pleasure (like people claim and built society as an attempt to secure a comfy life (and whine when their secured pleasure turns to shit) )

In two lines:
egotism= hedonism = unhappiness

stop egotism= stop hedonism = stop unhappiness

how do you stop hedonism/egotism ? you stop it by first understanding this post so far and by attending what you experience trying to separate what you believe is your self to what you believe is not your self.

you go first from the most explicit objects that are not-you, like a car in a street that you see, to thoughts/opinions/ideas you experience, then emotions, then consciousness {this list is not detailed}
objects->thoughts->emotions->consciousness. bit by bit, you ''externalize'' what first you thought were you, like you naturally externalize a car in a street, until there is nothing left to ''be personal, of your essence, be self''.

the lack of seeing all what is written so far is the source of hedonism [=going form displeasing experience through the 5 senses+thoughts [=immorality, falsehood, randomness] to pleasing experience through the 5 senses+thoughts [=morality, truth, certainty-contingency]]
>>
>>2375833
We don't know. In the future neuroscientists might unravel what happens precisely in the brain, maybe pleasure strengthens nerve impulses while pain prevents us executing them again, even so this won't explain why we are sapient beings that experience qualia.
>>
biological incentivization for creatures with abstract thinking, where their abstract thinking can work against their reproductive abilities without the incentivization processes in place. it is likely an adaptation stemming from pain reception in creatures signaling them that they are being injured, and pleasure reception possibly to incentivize sexual reproduction and make it more likely to occur, stemming into being a good natural selective tool for just about everything that reinforces a creatures ability to survive and reproduce. this is the reason thinking animals have developed pleasure/pain reception, at least. this is "why" you feel pleasure and pain, though it's mostly just /sci/ at this point.

is there something you wanted to know beyond that? like, phenomenologically? there is nothing objective you can infer past what I've explained, what you should do with pleasure and pain is your opinion. sensation is ultimately a subjective experience, dependent on the perspective of the organism that's interpreting the sensation. it is simply a very common opinion that obtaining pleasure is desirable and worthy of action, and avoiding pain is also desirable and worthy of action, due to the biological mechanisms in place.
>>
sex heals everything
>>
>>2377896
I think of it as a drug.
>>
>>2376137
>even so this won't explain why we are sapient beings that experience qualia.
I think we know this though, just from a darwinistic point of view it makes perfect sense for us to develop Qualia.
>>
>>2375833

A neurotransmitter known as "substance P" is responsible for the "feeling" of pain, interestingly it is also linked to depression suggesting that "psychic pain" is very apt analogy indeed.
>>
buinp
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.