[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever a bigger ass-fracturing in Rome's history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: germania pepe.jpg (248KB, 1330x780px) Image search: [Google]
germania pepe.jpg
248KB, 1330x780px
>>
>>2368020
Maxentius taking Italy and Africa, killing the Western Augustus, and telling the Eastern Augustus Galerius to fuck off probably twisted some panties.
>>
>>2368072
What event/what time was this? I'd like to read it.
>>
>>2368020
Brennus
>>
>>2368020
Hello there.
>>
>>2368145
How many legions at Edessa?
>>
>>2368072
Milvian
Bridge
>>
>>2368123
The collapse of the tetrarchy after Diocletian abdicated.
>>
>>2368072

>>2368072
>Oh hey guys I'm just gonna retire from this carefully crafted tetrarchy that only works because I'm amazing and definitely won't work without me
>holy shit why is everything falling apart why is losing a centralized figure so destabilizing?!
>wtf guys stop splitting up the Roman empire you better not make this a regular thing I swear to god.
>seriously I appointed this guy pls let him rule the west
>why doesn't anyone listen to me anymore!
How can somebody so amazing have such a poor grasp of the inevitable civil wars that would follow his retirement? Why didn't he realize that the other 3 Caesars/Augustus's did not get along together and could never rule peacefully like he did? Dioclitian was literally the only reason it held together.
>>
>>2368680
Didn't help that the Western Augustus died immediately after Diocletian's abdication, causing a litteral who to become the new Augustus of the West.

Oh, and the son of that dead Augustus who got snubbed in favor of the literal who happened to be Constantine.

Really quite a fascinating time, reminds me of all the political clusterfuck of the late Republic.
>>
>>2368680
Maybe he just didn't give a shit.
>>
File: rome2.jpg (779KB, 2120x2440px) Image search: [Google]
rome2.jpg
779KB, 2120x2440px
>>2368020
Cannae
Zenobia and Posthumus taking 2/3rds of the empire
Crassus getting deep-throated with gold by the Parthians
Valerian being captured by the Sassanids and subsequently being used as a stair by Shapur
>>
>>2368248
Dunno but a crap ton of dead Romans, first Roman Emperor killed in battle, first Roman Emperor captured in battle, and first Roman Emperor to become a submissive political figure to another foreign monarch are high watermarks for the Persians.
>>
Cannae was pretty bad, A CONSUL, a former master of horse, and most of the upcoming senatorial generation were just totally wiped out.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.