[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was to blame

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: EmperorHirohito&Tojo.png (112KB, 364x297px) Image search: [Google]
EmperorHirohito&Tojo.png
112KB, 364x297px
Who was to blame
>>
>>2362092
I would guess Tojo more than Showa-kun.
The emperor seems like he just went along with the games of the army and acted like the glue that kept the war effort together and going. Not much executive power I bet.
Not to say that he was blameless, though.
>>
>>2362092
The emperor was a puppet, it was the generals in charge.
Japan was a country with a very powerful army that was pushing the government to fight and expand.
>>
File: lets go tojo.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
lets go tojo.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>2362092

FUCKING JAPS

LET'S GO TOJO
>>
>>2362092
At least he helped building it up again, after the fuckin americans blew Hiroshima and Nagasaki up, stole their ancient craftwork katanas to melt them down or firebombed the shit out of wooden Tokyo
>>
>>2362092
Both of them should had been hanged after the war desu.
>>
File: ww2 propaganda 5.jpg (135KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
ww2 propaganda 5.jpg
135KB, 500x334px
Hirohito didn't start the war and had no real power over the military. WW2 Japan was a military dictatorship in all practicality. Tojo was one of the people that made it that way and actively gunned for war in China and against the USA. So I'd say Tojo has all the blame compared to Hirohicuck.
>>
>>2362092
both
>>
Hirohito had no real executive power.

He understood war with China, but he really was never onboard with war with America.

It was weird being the Emperor of Japan, technically you could do whatever you wanted but centuries of tradition mandated that you did not interfere.
>>
The eternal nip.
>>
>>2363055

>promise to liberate east/southeast asia from european control
>exploit them even more brutally
>>
>>2363970
Perfidous Nippon strikes again
>>
File: Get cucked Aussies.jpg (39KB, 595x417px) Image search: [Google]
Get cucked Aussies.jpg
39KB, 595x417px
>>2363055
Japanese propaganda was the best
>>
>>2366088
All according to keikaku.
>>
>>2363022
Then who would be MacArthur's personal bitch boy?
>>
I think both, Tojo said during his trial he was only carrying out the orders of the emperor and Hirohito seemed quite complicit with the war as he never intervened to stop anything. Hirohito was certainly used for devotion and propaganda and Tojo and the previous PM (Konoe I think) were more to blame but I feel Hirohito may have had his hand in the war also, not on the same level as the government but still.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.