[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why have Jewish people been expelled 109 times since 250 AD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: dddd.png (111KB, 570x400px) Image search: [Google]
dddd.png
111KB, 570x400px
Why have Jewish people been expelled 109 times since 250 AD?

I'm honestly curious, no hidden motive or anything.
>>
They're bad for "business" - the business of running sovereign countries.
>>
File: 1371853033257.png (6KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1371853033257.png
6KB, 387x429px
You're getting better at the shitposting /pol/

Soon you might even be able to create bait threads that lead to lively discussion
>>
They were disliked because of their religion. bunch of bad rumours were made about Jews. Like that they kidnap kids and eat them.
>>
File: 1368332560057 (1).jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1368332560057 (1).jpg
46KB, 500x375px
>>23610
Diaspora people are never popular. Ever.

When have a bunch of homeless foreigners coming by and being self-concerned ever been a welcomed thing? Now add onto that the fact that Christianity has a pretty solid foundation to not really like Judaism, good job there Judas, and the fact that culturally Jews tend to favor one another over anybody else and you have a pretty not-well-liked people.
>>
>>23657
fuck off, retard
>>
Failure to assimilate, extreme ethno-centrism, general kikery.
>>
From what I remember, they initially tried to exempt themselves from paying taxes to the roman empire. This was before 250 AD though.
>>
>>23689
And to add onto my own shit because I'm lazy, Jews tended to like nepotism with business and would fill into roles like giving loans that were barred to a good Christian fellow. Oh hey look this fucking guy is trying to take my money, and hey look he doesn't like Jesus, I don't think I like him.

Jews didn't help their own case they just kind of angrily stuck to their guns. A legendarily stubborn people to this day.
>>
>"kill Jesus"
>most powerful institution in the world ends up being a Church that worships Jesus
>get slandered and blamed even more than other minorities because you're hated by default
>Stupid uneducated peasants and desert roamers say "The Jews were persecuted before, therefore anything bad we say they did is true now!"
>Nearly unbelievably, this continues into the 21st century where useful idiots with INTERNET ACCESS use the exact same logic

And before you pull out your stock /pol/ response, no, I am not saying Jews "dindonuffin." What I'm saying is that they dindonuffin a significant percentage of the time, and given the historical agenda against them and their minority status, citing their persecutions as proof they are bad people is laughably retarded and could not be believed by a thinking person.
>>
>>23610
Anti-semetism. Think about why whites oppressed blacks for so long and why current society is so islamophobic. Once you actually live near people you realize that race, religion, etc. is just skin deep or changes the words of your creeds and not the intent. When Europe was more monolithic it hated a lot of things for no good reason, but now it's 2015 and Europe wise up. It's pretty multicultural and welcoming, some aforementioned islamophobia aside. Germany even banned holocaust denial if I recall correctly.
>>
>>23610
They're easy to blame. If your country's not doing well, blame your problems on the Jews and expell them.
>>
>>23610
They don't really have a homeland in europe. The same happened to the roma, and continues today.
>>
>>23685
I know there was "blood libel" about them drinking blood of Christian children, but was that the reason they got kicked out of so many countries?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel
>>
>>23610
because usury
>>
It all began when Israel was a Roman province. They believed they were being taxed too hard and began to protest. For the most part it was peaceful but there were many who would resort to violence. The Romans didn't actually like this and raided their temple and plundering it, killing thousands. It only got worse from there as it it turned into an all out war. The Jews obviously stood no chance against Rome and lost. Many were exiled, sold into slavery and simply ditched the place. Many would end up in Christian lands which persecuted them even if they did nothing wrong, simply because they weren't Christian and the Jewish involvement in Jesus's execution. Some say their practice of usury was why they were expelled but this is not true as many European royals NEEDED bankers as Christians were forbidden from usury
>>
It was begin after Jews and Mose moved from Egypt, then Jews didn't want to go to Palestine. After that they became "refugee"-like tribe.
>>
File: pepe (44).jpg (22KB, 533x477px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (44).jpg
22KB, 533x477px
>>23610
>we didnu nuffin
>wes been used a scapegoat and shit over 109 times for literally no reason AT ALL
>everyone else be the problem
>>
>be part of religious/ethnic majority that can't plausibly be expelled from anywhere consistently
>cite expulsions as proof of a minority's historically amoral behavior

lel
>>
Anthony Ludovici

The Jews in England
>>
>>23657
," he said, shitposting.
>>
>>23951

You were embarrassed before you even posted, tard boy.

>>23784

How many of those 109 times were the times prior to it used as proof that it should be done again? Surely even a retard from /pol/ can see the baseless cycle that logic like this could form.
>>
>>23610
>literally expelled 109 times
>refuse to consider that maybe they are the problem
And there is your answer
>>
>>23610
Because there were few, if any, "other" (as in the philosophical concept of "the other") groups to expel in the christian europe. Look at Roma - they also were persecuted similarly.
>>
>>23610
They refuse to assimilate to other cultures. They like to form these old boy networks and overtake the banking system etc.
>>
>>23610
I know they clipped English coins and ruined their currency, King got mad and expelled them out.
>>
>>24052
>Overtake
They were often appointed as bankers by Kings because usury is allowed in Judaism while in Christianity it is. basically they'd make Jews bankers to do their dirty work while at the same time insulting them for doing the exact thing that the Kings wanted. This is a history board and if you don't know what you're talking about don't act like you do.
>>
>>24123

This. Fucking obvious why /pol/ shills should be banned.

King Edward gave Jews the privilege to lend money, then blamed them when they couldn't afford to finance his wars. But according to /pol/, the few thousand Jews in the country "overtook" the banking system.
>>
>>23610
Because they are a very isolated non 'native' minority group that tend to form separate communities from other people. Likewise, no one trusts them.

>>23826
>roma
the difference is they are a genuine pest and are usually scum.
>>
>>23610
They were often the most visible religious minority in Europe, often the only religious minority in an area in a time when religiosity was at an extreme.
Jews largely refused to convert, this was a time when identity was primarily determined by your religion.
They were seen as the 'outsiders' and the target of accusations of causing plague, drought, eating babies etc.
Funnily enough in the Arab/ Turk world they were treated better because of the relative levels of acceptance compared to Europe (Islamic law recognizes and tolerates explicit Christianity and Judaism, but no other religions), and the Middle East ended up as a sanctuary for many Jews.
Along with this, Christians were for a long time forbidden from usury, which ended up with Jews having a strong role in the banking and merchant trades, making them wealthy and causing resentment
>>
>>24192
No, this isn't really /pol/. Its just kind of common knowledge the gypsy way of life is really fucking abrasive and swings towards fucking with the sedentary folk. Its encouraged and its how they get by unless they finally sit the hell down like a proper agricultural human should.

Gypsies suck to be around. Jews moved around but really just so that they could find a place to sit their ass down again and get back to whatever it is they do. Compared to the Roma diaspora they got that going for them.
>>
>>23610
You get immediate tax income based off your current tax modifier plus you don't have to repay any loan you took for them. Its generally always in your country's best interest to expel the Jews when your country is doing well and welcome them back when your country is doing poorly.

>>24162
Right so that's one of he 109 times down? Did the same thing happen in every other time in every other place they were expelled?

Your eagerness to tell a group of people to fuck off is blinding you from considering all possibilities. Something gazing into abyss and their effect on people should be mentioned here.
>>
They were disliked for being different, frankly. They highly valued keeping their own traditions. Plagues etc were often used as an excuse to blame da jooz. A homogeneous society has been something often strived for, and for much of European history Jews were the only minority in any way in most countries.
Also, it is important to note that Jews technically weren't subjects of the king in England, and other kingdoms. Because of this, they couldn't be normal peasentry or nobles, which is the reason why Jews became bankers, because it was all they could do, and they gained a reputation as bankers.
>>
>>24512

Are you brain dead you retarded faggot? I explained in very clear logical detail why citing persecution to prove Jews are bad is complete nonsense.

>>23784

KILL yourself containment board fucktard.
>>
>>24543

They also gained a lot of privileges in their position, which made them detested. Mob violence targeted Jews in France, for instance, because the Jews held the tax archives.
>>
>>24512
For the most part I was right. There were a few times Jews were arrested due to problems they themselves created though (Like >>24058 said) but only situations like those are the ones you want to focus on, right? If you want to create jew hate thread, there are other boards. But for history you can't have bias or you end up looking like a dumbass.
>>
>>24828

>anyone that dissents from my conspiracy theories is an sjw.

By reducing all the world's problems to an evil caste, you're doing your own intellect a disservice, and are just as bad as any tumblr-loving hambeast.
>>
Because in Europe they were always the religious minority.
They were allowed to exist due to not being pagans but were still a very convenient scapegoat.
>>
Well, later it became a thing of tradition "Anything going bad? Blame the jews", partically because they refused to assimilate, so they were easy to point out. Also confiscating their property brought quite some fortune to the king.
>>
>>24590
No you showed why one in particular case it was unreasonable to place blame on the Jews for expulsion. That does not make every other case unreasonable unless each one is gone through and the rest are found to be based off superstitious or scapegoat reasons.

>>24704
Why do you assume I only want to focus on the bad times? I legitimate am curious as to why this particular group is seemingly persecuted everywhere they go even in within their own history. And I find "they didn't do anything to deserve it most of the time" equally unhelpful as "lol they're all evil lizard people bankers"
>>
>>23610
I know Rome actually took a bunch of jewish refugees that were expelled at one point.
>>
>>25105
And when I mean Rome I mean the city not the empire.
>>
File: image.jpg (635KB, 2400x1836px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
635KB, 2400x1836px
>>23657
This sounds like a genuine question, I don't think OP is shitposting, this is a /his/torically relevant question to discuss. I believe there was mention of usury in much of the Jewish expulsion, but I'd be curious if there were specific historical documentation of this usury from this specific subset of people during those early days?
>>
Give them 109 countries to reside in and they'll be kicked out
Give them a country to run and they'll kick everyone else out and claim innocence
>>
>>23842
They were also blamed for the black plague.
>>
>>24512
/gsg/ pls
>>
File: 1445698144810.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1445698144810.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>23689
Pretty much this 100%.
>>
>>25220
They weren't kicked out of 109 countries retard, they were kicked out of a group of countries 109 times. France/ Germany etc kicked out Jews many times

Besides as >>24311 said they lived relatively peacefully in the Ottoman and various Arab empires
>>
>>23784
The reason they are hated is because they have so much power yet we never see them. I hate pol and never go there but the anti jew meme has a lot of truth to it.
>>
>>23807
Topkek, go to Asia, bring your shit, and you'll see if they're not any more racist.
And the Whiteys didn't "oppress" Blacks in the same way they hated Jews. It's completely different.
>>
File: countries-jews-kicked-out-of.jpg (625KB, 1169x2641px) Image search: [Google]
countries-jews-kicked-out-of.jpg
625KB, 1169x2641px
>>23610
People get tired of disloyal outsiders with a control fetish and supremacist outlook.
>>
File: 1440568224696.png (189KB, 632x724px) Image search: [Google]
1440568224696.png
189KB, 632x724px
Jews are much smarter than the average 'poor minority'. By using in-group strategy they were able to take over or gain influence in things such as banking and media. Once they had power they would naturally try to gain political influence. After some sort of political influence is gained they begin to push for policies that give minorities more rights and protection.

All of this is natural for a minority group to do. There are many benefits to practicing collectivism in a small group within a larger community, but once you pull the strings to hard you will get punished collectively. I cant really lay full blame on Jews for doing what they do, the countries that put up with their shit can be blamed as well.
>>
File: 1425948355966.gif (1MB, 294x329px) Image search: [Google]
1425948355966.gif
1MB, 294x329px
>>23657
I fucking knew every single thread in this board would be full of you annoying tumblr/reddit shits whining about /pol/. Just fuck off back to reddit if every single post on 4chan is triggering you.
>>
>>23689
>>23784
Pretty much this.
>>
>>23610
>Why have Jewish people been expelled 109 times since 250 AD?
Why have they been returned 110 times?
Why did no one warn the next town over?
Because they were scapegoats
>>
>>23610
It's often because of a perceived fifth columnist nature since Jewish people often like to hold onto their Jewish culture instead of integrating into their host societies. Also because Jews were allowed to money lend in a time when Catholics weren't many of them became very rich in finance, causing a lot of resentment among their neighbours.
>>
>>25477
I think what makes the difference between jews and the typical minority is their international network, which has been a strength for them.
>>
>>23657
Jews are so fucking annoying man, can't discus ANYTHING about their history without having them crying like the bitch niggers they are for fuck sake.
>>
>>23657
Every single thread there's dumb reactionary faggots like you. You're no better than the people who post WAS THE HOLOCAUST REAL every five seconds.
>>
>>23610

Diaspora with strong religious and ethnic identity -> naturally viewed with suspicion

More educated and have international connections with other Jews -> a dangerous competition to other businesses.
>>
>>25383
>and you'll see if they're not any more racist.

Yes if only because lack of contact

>Once you actually live near people you realize that race, religion, etc

These asian societies which are 'racist' are no more than any western nation was a hundred years ago. Given the incresing nature of globalisation their attitudes to 'others' will inevitable change just not immediately - just like the way it is in the west now didn't happen immediately.
>>
>>23610
they are an evil presence that must be removed by any means necessary or indeed available
>>
>>25076
It's very simple. You enter a new land, with their own customs, culture, genetic stock, principles, et cetera, and you operate. Despite this, you still clearly demonstrate loyalty to your own people, and as a result your interests do not in fact align with the interests of the host. The term 'parasitism' comes to mind, at the behest of the blustering individuals clutching for 'perceived biases'.

This applies to any non-homogenous society, and can be demonstrated most easily by pointing out the natural segregation of peoples (assuming that they haven't been subsumed by cosmopolitan consumerism).
>>
>>23689
Good explanation. I will add that when various empires were expanding and contracting across the middle east during biblical times, the Hebrews had a reputation as being difficult. The Parthians and Romans went out of their way not to fuck with them, and if possible gave them autonomous self rule.

When those traits carry over into a diaspora, they can make a people pretty hated, combined with the details you also gave.

Another thing was many kingdoms forbid Jews from owning property during the middle ages, so Jews tended to go into the banking and loan industry. Hell, people hate bankers today, imagine what it was like back then. Instead of Occupy Wall Street you were more likely to just get together and say "Lets run the Hebes out of town".
>>
>>23610
Bad tendency of attempting to impose control over their host's economy.

Abusing hospitality,refusing to integrate etc.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.