[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the cultural revolution so fascinating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: mao.jpg (251KB, 1397x1404px) Image search: [Google]
mao.jpg
251KB, 1397x1404px
Why is the cultural revolution so fascinating?
>>
>>2360316
It's pretty unprecedented, a people so willingly and fervently destroying their own culture.
>>
>>2360316
Modern repeat of the Taiping, Yellow Turban, younameit religious cult rebellions in chinese history basically
>>
>>2360316
What's going on in pic related? Dunce hat?
>>
>>2360316
What does his hat say?
>>
>>2360539
He was declared an evil capitalist pig dog I guess. Though it could just be because he wears glasses.
>>
Because it's basically what SJWs want to do but they don't have the means.
>>
>>2360506
the "culture" wasn't destroyed though. like captured to other palces that got complete cultural destruction this is not even really close.
>>
>>2360546
"In this photo taken in Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, China, on Aug. 25, 1966, the staff of the Heilongjiang Daily newspaper criticize Luo Zicheng, leader of the committee work group of the Provincial Communist Party, claiming that he follows "the capitalist line" and "opposes the revolutionary mass movement." His dunce cap announces his "crimes.""

They didn't kill him. Just forced him to self-crit.
http://newsinfo.iu.edu/news-archive/11965.html
>>
>>2360962
>the "culture" wasn't destroyed though.
hmmmmmm
>>
>>2360506
How does one "destroy" culture?
>>
>>2362293
cultural (((revolution)))
>>
>>2362293
Abandonment of traditions and the physical destruction of cultural artifacts mostly. Creating a clean break with the past so that the next generation has no exposure to the traditions of their parents. Tear down every statue, level every historic building, forbid and burn every work of art that represents your past. People born after the revolution should not have any idea that there existed a way of life before the one they grew up in.
>>
Idk but I'm reading the 3 body problem rn and it's got me pretty interested
>>
File: Red Guard.jpg (70KB, 283x324px) Image search: [Google]
Red Guard.jpg
70KB, 283x324px
>>2360316

Because it is Marxism in it's purest form. The workers taking control of their lives and seeking an end to capitalism. Truly, a peoples lead, bottom up revolution that should be emulated throughout the world.
>>
>>2360316
The first massive societal suicide attempt.

Here's some interesting reading: http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2017/01/19/tan-hecheng-chinese-unspeakable/
>>
>>2364027
Most of Chinese were illiterate rural peasants. Maoism basically kept the 'workers' part on the back burner. Hard to launch a true communist revolution when you're not (at that time) even much industrialized or urbanized.
>>
>>2364064

It was a small mistake of Marx made that Mao corrected; that the counter-imperialist revolution will come from the third world instead of the imperialist countries. In my opinion, this difference is negligible, it was still a revolution lead by the exploited.
>>
>>2363989
But don't all people have culture?

As long as there are X people, there is X culture?
>>
>>2364084
mao and his cronies exploited the peasants
>>
>>2365055

Don't be daft, we're obviously talking about destroying a particular culture. Yes, of course another one will take it's place.
>>
God I feel sorry for the Chinese. I taught a bunch of Chinese people English at the local immigration centre and you could see the heartbreak in their eyes whenever they talked about the political situation and historical disconnect of their country even though they love China itself. As messed up as things are here in the West you have to appreciate the freedom and connection to the past we do have.
>>
>>2360316
欲要亡其国,必先灭其史。欲灭其族,必先灭其文化。
>>
The Cultural Revolution will probably end up being the primary factor in China becoming a nationalist fascist racial supremacist country. They're already halfway there. It's deeply ironic when Chinese criticize Japanese for being racists when the Chinese have had a superiority complex for millenia.
>>
>>2360316

Any recommended reading?
>>
>>2365055
yes but the new culture is so trashy and disgusting we simply called it "mainland chinese" culture, to differentiate them from true chinese unaffected by commnuism
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.