[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly was his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: YqmOJvJ.jpg (630KB, 2170x1450px) Image search: [Google]
YqmOJvJ.jpg
630KB, 2170x1450px
What exactly was his endgame?
>>
>>2358251
Retardation
>>
>>2358251
To reenact Cannae and LARP around as. Roman general. He even enacted decimation for like no reason.
>>
>>2358251
he secretly hated italians
>>
File: insanity.jpg (20KB, 440x220px) Image search: [Google]
insanity.jpg
20KB, 440x220px
>>
>>2358251
if you look at the casualty list the austrians usually lost less men but not so much less than the italians. so at least you can argue that the italians drained the austrians of manpower in an extra front
>>
>>2358371
Typical Italian then
>>
>>2358251
To take the East bank.
>>
An infinite battle of the Isonzo where the whole globe is subsumed into. Allowing him to divide the world into Luigilland and Marioville.
>>
>>2358670
Like i give a shit what this pedophile jew has to say.
>>
>>2358670
This.
>>
File: 1486547410034.png (182KB, 662x601px) Image search: [Google]
1486547410034.png
182KB, 662x601px
>>
>>2358251
To prevent the Austrians from concentrating entirely on the Eastern Front. That he took 50% more casualties than his enemies in those eleven battles didn't really matter. He made the Austro-Hungarians divert troops, and he could afford those losses in a war of attrition.

what else was he supposed to do exactly? I mean he made a lot of errors but you were probably going to see a dozen battles of the Isonzo no matter who was in charge. There was simply no other place to attack. The alternative is doing nothing at all.
>>
The Italian Front was pretty fucking metal. Grinding trench warfare that made the Western Theater look like a war of movement, absurd densities of artillery crammed into the tiniest frontline of the war, the armies trying to flank each other by climbing over mountains, entire units getting lost and freezing to death in the mountains, attempting to storm mountainous forts, entire formations of both armies being erased by avalanches, Arditi and Stormtroopers storming trenches with pistols and trench knives, and tons of other insane shit. All jammed, along with 4.5 MILLION casualties (over a million dead), into an area of land smaller than Belgium.

The sheer scale of the fighting relative to the miniscule area it was fought in is mind-boggling.
Definitely the most underrated theater of the war.
>>
>when the Italians fail to take the Isonzo again but you can't counter attack
>just austrian things
>>
>>2361783
The Austro-Hungarians launched two major offensives: Trentino Offensive and Caporetto Offensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Asiago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Caporetto
>>
>>2361796
Sorry, I forgot the third: the 1918 summer offensive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Battle_of_the_Piave_River
>>
>>2361735
In an age that heeds the monumental losses of life and resources as being attributed to one man, it is increasingly difficult to breach the gap for us to comprehend that time's imperative for victory
>>
>>2361770
wew. if you made a long green text equivalent to the congo war that'd be great
>>
>cuckstrians still anally devasted 100 years later
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.