[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternate World History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

The Jews are wiped out, their histories erased. Christianity is never born. Without Judaism and Christianity, Islam is never born. What does the world look like?

Greek and Roman Philosophy was still around, but I suspect that every empire eventually falls due to its own wealth making its people weak, spoiled, and stupid, while other peoples go through hardships and overtake them.

So the Roman Empire still falls, however there is no Catholicism or Protestantism.
Do The Old Gods still hold sway or do people eventually grow out of them?

What would the first book be that was printed if the Bible never existed?
>>
>>2356520
An eastern religion like Manichaeism becomes the dominate faith of Europe and spreads similar to the Abrahamic faiths.
>>
>>2356525
>Mani without Christianity

You can't make a car without wheels.
>>
>>2357337
hovercar
>>
>>2357337
Christianity is one of ancient Roman cult, which won and destroyed all other. The only other possibility was victory and further monopoly of other cult.
>>
>>2357345
There are no hovercars.

In fact, how can there be a hovercar without cars?
>>
>>2356520
Well, Romans would use one term for god, another term for lesser gods, therefore their religion will be alike abrahamic monotheism with angels by structure. Because no jewish influence, character of god is not jewish and don't have any jewish psychological complexes.
Not bad, but, philosophers were biggest enemy of Hellenic faith, not south-east religions.
>>
>>2357360
> how can there be a hovercar without cars?
Firstly a chariot, later a hovercar. Different path of inventions
>>
What about Mithraism?
>>
>>2357337
Mani was mostly based on zoraster so it would still exist
>>
>>2357396
Well christianity manged to get a foothold on rome through them so I don't know maybe they could replace christianity
>>
File: 1459621330709.jpg (14KB, 419x304px) Image search: [Google]
1459621330709.jpg
14KB, 419x304px
>>2357389
>philosophers
>one philosopher
>taking Augustine seriously
>wew lad
>>
>>2357396
Too exclusive and complex to be widespread.
>>
>>2356520
I see no reason to assume the old faiths wouldn't persist in some fashion, most likely along neo-platonic lines where all the old deities are seen as being aspects of the same divinity.

>>2356525
>>2357353
Are wrong, and without xtianity, the western world as we know it would be polytheist or post-polytheist after a fashion.
>>
>>2357628
>What would the first book be that was printed if the Bible never existed?
Anyway to answer another part of the OP's question it would probably be something about the roman empire, without the christian religious angle we're left with straight appeal to the majesty of the roman empire.
>>
File: 1470484165936.jpg (56KB, 960x647px) Image search: [Google]
1470484165936.jpg
56KB, 960x647px
>>2356520
SOL INVICTUS

Europe would literally be Praising the Sun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.