[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does one dude dying cause a world war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Franz_ferdinand.jpg (702KB, 1262x1544px) Image search: [Google]
Franz_ferdinand.jpg
702KB, 1262x1544px
how does one dude dying cause a world war?
>>
>>2350135
because the countries already wanted war
>>
It doesn't, it just triggers it.
>>
>>2350135
When youre looking for an excuse to start a war, pretty much anything will do.
>>
>>2350135
he's the crown prince
>>
Potential energy.
>>
There was alot of pent up hostility in Europe.
>>
>>2350135
Franz Joseph's two advisors were Franz Ferdinand and Conrad von Hotzendorf. One wanted war with Serbia and one didn't Hotzendorf asked for war like 20 times or something in a few years. Ferdinand convinced the Emperor not to go to war multiple times. Ironically the Black flag killed the only guy that wanted to not go to war with Serbia and who would have also took the throne when Joseph died.

I think that's the basic gestalt.
>>
>>2350392
Also they got their ass kicked so many times by the Serbs and they were super fucking unprepared for any war Hotzendorf was a fucking retard look up some of the battles he commanded.

tfw Germany was literally fucked by having retarded allies.
>>
>>2350392
> as intended the Black flag killed the only guy that wanted to not give Russia an excuse to give Serbia land and power in the Balkans and through it expand its own interests
>>
>>2350418
shit my phone auto corrected to black flag lol
I never really looked into the black hand other than then knowing the dudes name that killed the Archduke and his wife that I can't spell. I just blindly accepted that they were freedom fighters trying to keep Austro-Hungary away from Serbia.

This gives me something to look into, thanks.
>>
>>2350392
>the Black flag killed the only guy that wanted to not go to war with Serbia

Not really, the war party around Hötzendorf was pretty isolated before 28th of June 1914. The assassination made most leaders in AH change their minds and support a war against Serbia.
>>
>>2350135
He was #2 in the empire and a voice against war, while the effective #3 in the empire, Chief of Staff Conrad Von Hotzendorf, was fanatically pro-war. He had recommended going to war with Serbia, Italy, and Romania 37 times in the three years before Ferdinand's death. After Ferdinand died, the doves in Austria-Hungary were pretty much discredited, Conrad got the Emperor's ear, and it was all downhill from there. He got his declaration of war on Serbia.

The Germans could've basically vetoed this by telling Conrad that Austria would be on its own to get rekt by Russia if they tried to attack Serbia. But German Chief of Staff Moltke really wanted a war to effectively reduce Russia, which he feared would become too powerful if allowed to industrialize. So instead the Germans went along with it instead of vetoing it. Russia reacted badly, Moltke figured they had to invade France immediately to remove a potential threat to their rear in the event of war with Russia (probably seriously overestimating Russia), and so when Russia and Austria declared war on each other, Germany attacked France. Britain figured that they couldn't let the Germans have any chance of beating France and Russia lest they become a continental hegemon, so they responded to this with a declaration of war on Germany.

Also Enver Pasha was a huge asshole and basically tricked his country into going to war, and that's how the Ottomans got mixed up in there a few months later.
>>
>>2350135
It wasn't so much him dying as much as it was the Serbian government intentionally stonewalling and futzing around with the investigation because of how deep the ties of Black Hand and other irredentist groups were to military and government and the likelihood that even if people like Pasic weren't active parts of the conspiracy they at least had some knowledge of it.

This is why Austria wanted to have their own investigators in Serbia conducting a follow up investigation as part of the ultimatum and was really the one big sticking point. Serbia was actually ready to capitulate to that though until Russia convinced them not to because there were a ton of pan-Slavist hawks in the Russian government who wanted to fuck up Austria knowing that if Austria went to war that'd give the Russians the casus belli they needed.

I'm generally for national sovereignty and all but the Serbian government was too infested with the pan-Slavist/Black Hand cancer to ever be trusted.
>>
>>2350398

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_Front

Yeah, man. Real asskicking the Serbs gave them. So much asskicking the entire Serbian army had to leave Serbia.
>>
>>2350392
>Ironically the Black flag killed the only guy that wanted to not go to war with Serbia and who would have also took the throne when Joseph died.
Nothing ironic at all about it. That's exactly WHY he was killed. He wanted to create a third, slavic straight in A-H (so A-H-Whatever) if not outright federalize the empire. The pan-Slavist irredentists freaked out because they knew that drawing about Slavic anger was their biggest way to recruit people for The Cause and that allowing that to happen could severely weaken their position.

I mean he likely would've been targetted anyway but what he wanted to do was one of the biggest factors locking in their decision.
>>
>>2350715

Okay sorry for not specifying they needed the help of Germany and Bulgaria to defeat the country they started the war over in the first place. They did eventually lose obviously but they fact Austro-Hungary couldn't defeat them in a month or two shows how unprepared they are.
>>
>>2350731
tldr eternal serbs
>>
>how does one dude get used as a pretext to materialize centuries old revanchist hopes and grudges
FTFY
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.