[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Sea Peoples. Where did they come from, where did they go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1486760405370.jpg (1MB, 2000x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1486760405370.jpg
1MB, 2000x1332px
The Sea Peoples.

Where did they come from, where did they go?
>>
>>2348165
I don't speak Norwegian so I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>2348270
I didnt have another relevant image, just google 'Sea Peoples'
>>
>>2348165
They were Greeks

Their customs are similar to Greece(their potery and method of cooking)
>>
>>2348165
I'd like to know too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0LMqulGb4I

We might never know, never.
>>
Atlantis.
>>
>>2348165

The first wave were probably from Sardinia and other western med regions. The second wave included many of the victims of the first wave, so you see Greek tribes like the Philistines taking part in the invasion of Canaan after their own homelands had been razed by the first wave.

As to why they happened, there was a revolution in warfare going from the expensive elite chariot armies of the bronze age to much cheaper heavy infantry armies of the iron age, facilitated by the invention of the javelin.
>>
>>2348165
Where did they come from, Sea-Eye Joe?
>>
>>2348622
Fuck you I was going to make that joke.
>>
>>2348344
>They were Greeks

Stop this meme, Egyptian sources describe cutting the dicks off circumcised sea peoples as trophies, and there's nothing anywhere to suggest that Greeks practised circumcision at any point in their history
>>
>>2348712
>Acheans and Danaoi are not Greeks

Anon, I...
>>
>>2348165
Mainly Sardinians and other western meds at least at the start, like >>2348566 said.
>>
>>2348165
The thing that boggles me the most about this is how Protohistoric Berbers, Greeks, Anatolians and Italians just allied together to fuck up the Egyptians

How the fuck did they understand each other and coordinated the attacks?

How the fuck did they meet eachother in the first place?

Like they were floating with their ships and decided to visit Northen Africa and ally themselves with the Berbers there?
>>
>>2348945
It wasn't just Egypt, most of the cities in Greece, Anatolia and the coastal Middle East were burned to the ground.
>>
>>2348165
Sardis didn't even exist at the time, I means the area was inhabited but the city itself wasn't a thing, it was also never named by the Hittitie sources, and I believe the settlements in the area of Sardis were burned down too so that map doesn't make sun.
>>
>>2348165
>>2348961

>Here, in the foothills and along the lakeshore surrounding Marmara Gölü (Figs. 20, 21, 22, 23, 24), a recently discovered network of at least four fortified citadels—two small and two large—developed by ca. 1700 BCE, and each citadel was used until the end of the LBA, after which none was significantly reoccupied (Fig. 25).40 All show some evidence of burnt destructions on their surfaces, but it is impossible to determine from surface materials alone whether such destructions caused their abandonment or came somewhat earlier in their histories

Interestingly enough said citadels in what would later be known as Lydia were abandoned in the late Bronze age, truly a mystery,
>>
>>2348165
>Where did they come from, where did they go?

They followed their great leader Cotton Eye Joe across the Atlantic to New York Harbor and the Bronx, around Yankee Stadium.

Why else do you think they were called sea people?

Why else would the Yankees play such a shit song every game?
>>
>>2348270
Retard
>>
There was a major drought at the time so I'm gonna guess that the Sea Peoples were a mixture of Nuragic/Italic/Phoenician raiders mixed in with army deserter bands and unpaid mercenaries
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.