[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great War of Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: african world war.jpg (3MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
african world war.jpg
3MB, 3008x2000px
>Named the deadliest war in modern African history, the Second Congo War has directly involved nine African countries, as well as approximately 20 separate armed groups.By 2008, the war and its aftermath had caused 5.4 million deaths, principally through disease and starvation,making the Second Congo War the deadliest conflict worldwide since World War II

And yet i never heard about it. Can somebody give me a tldr what it was about? Because i can't understand shit from the wikipedia article.
Interesting facts also welcome.
Also how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?
>>
Note just how mind-bogglingly huge the combined landmass of all the involved countries is.
>>
>>
>>2347985
Niggers killing each other in Africa, what a surprise.
>>
File: 1486613337200.jpg (1MB, 1280x4079px) Image search: [Google]
1486613337200.jpg
1MB, 1280x4079px
>>2347985
>how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?
Paul Kagame is a master 3D chess player
>>
File: Second_Congo_War_2001_map_en.png (495KB, 1024x975px) Image search: [Google]
Second_Congo_War_2001_map_en.png
495KB, 1024x975px
Just look at the combatants
What the fuck is that clusterfuck
>>
From hunting and eating pigmees like game to street shitting and massive muh dikkings and machete holocausts
TIA
>>
>>2348001
Sounds like normal nigger behavior, what exactly is noteworthy about this?
>>
>>2347995
I read this some time ago thats where i even learned about the Congo Wars, but forgot what was exactly written there, thanks.

Seems to me that small African nations are at least kind of stable, while the big ones are just ethnic and cultural unstable clusterfuck.
>>
>>2347985
Niggers gonna nig my man
>>
>>2348000
>only 10 groups
>clusterfuck

no wonder the anglos are always impressed by the fact their government is funding their enemy and is allied to the guys who are funding the enemy of that fundee
>>
File: 1486110240871.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1486110240871.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>2348056
>>
>>2348025
You find the same situation in Ethiopia, you have the Tigray minority (6% of the population) controlling the rest of the country.

The use divide and conquer tactics to oppress the population and boy is it effective. So long as you have a well equipped, well organised and well lead group of people - they have a good chance at dominating a much larger, divided population.
>>
>>2347985
Read "Dancing in the Glory of Monsters" by Jason Stearns. Best book on the Second Congo War.

Super condensed TL;DR
>Mobutu shelters genocidaires
>Rwanda reks his shit
>Rwanda's puppet ruler doesn't wanna be a puppet
>Rwanda tries to rek his shit, fails, ends up in 5 year stalemate

>Also how the hell did small Rwanda beat all of huge Congo in the First Congo War?
Several reasons
>Mobutu is scared of a military coup
>intentionally hamstrings his own army
>encourages infighting
>sidelines well trained officers (they might be a threat)
>literally creates a parallel army with a separate chain of command to further make things difficult (Guard Civile)
>Guard Civile aren't trained or funded either (these are the dudes wearing pots as helmets)
>turns a totally blind eye to corruption in his ranks

There were literally situations where the Rwandans would run into tank battalions that couldn't move, because the commanders had sold all the moving parts in the tanks to the black market. Or infantry battalions that didn't have weapons because their commanders had sold all their rifles to arms dealers. All the high level Congolese commanders were far more interested in their own bottom line than actually being combat effective. Which was great for Mobutu on a coup-proofing level, but terrible on an "actually providing security" level.
>>
>>2347985
>>Named the deadliest war in modern African history

And nothing of value was lost
>>
>>2347994
>>2348001
>>2348014
>>2348028
>>2349868

Also, literally all of these posters are morons.
>>
File: 39792786292032.jpg (72KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
39792786292032.jpg
72KB, 563x600px
>>2349862
>he commanders had sold all the moving parts in the tanks to the black market. Or infantry battalions that didn't have weapons because their commanders had sold all their rifles to arms dealers
jesus christ
>>
File: congo-under-belgian-rule.jpg (507KB, 1280x911px) Image search: [Google]
congo-under-belgian-rule.jpg
507KB, 1280x911px
Miss Belgium yet?
>>
>>2349884
This is the /his/ board, right? Like, we're trying to look at actual causes for things, not "hurrdurr niggers hurrrrrrr".

For the OP, the Second Congo War is super interesting and has a number of causes, not one of which is "the" cause.

>>2349897
When the genocidaires fled Rwanda into the Congo, the Congolese confiscated all their weapons so that they wouldn't be harboring an army in the refugee camps....and then sold all the guns back to them at a markup.
>>
>>2349884
You're contributing nothing of value to this thread. Why are you in /his/? If you want to complain about Africans, fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>2349911
>When the genocidaires fled Rwanda into the Congo, the Congolese confiscated all their weapons so that they wouldn't be harboring an army in the refugee camps....and then sold all the guns back to them at a markup.
Say what you want about the Congolese, but they sure love turning a profit
>>
Who gives a shit, they outbred the losses within a week anyways.
>>
>>2349936
BACK TO /POL/ WITH YOU
>>
>>2349908
t. Leopold II
>>
paratrooper anon please post more about crazy African shenanigans
>>
holy fuck all of this sounds insane!! are there any books on the wars and politics of modern africa?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.