[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this man?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: Mansa_Musa (1).jpg (45KB, 318x382px) Image search: [Google]
Mansa_Musa (1).jpg
45KB, 318x382px
Thoughts on this man?
>>
Pretty cool guy.

Black Muslim kang that ruins Egypt's economy, feeds the poor and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
I feel like even /pol/ and /r/the_donald combined couldn't say with a straight face that Mali wasn't at any point in history badass.
>>
Wtf is up with Ghandi
He always stabs you in the back with diplomacy and threatens you with nukes
Slimey bastard
>>
>>2347143
They were a meme empire though it no lasting influence in anything whatsoever
>>
>>2347122
Typical african despot, prolific slaver but this is ignored because it's hard to hail him as proof of African/Black exceptionalism.

There is nothing impressive or noteworthy about him or his empire, that it happened to sit on two enormous gold fields is not an accomplishment.

Those Net Worth adjusted for inflation should be punishable by death. Gold is currently trading at $40 a gram, if I woke up to the bang of a meteorite that crashed on my land and found that it was 10,000 metric tonnes of gold - I'd have usurped his one claim to fame.
>>
>>2347175
>There is nothing impressive or noteworthy about him or his empire,
I think Mali is pretty cool desu, but then again I think empires from all over the world are cool. I don't judge everyone by Roman Empire standards. You're right though in that the man may be overrated.
>>
>>2347181
>Make a temple made of cow shit and sticks
>Call it a wonder of the world
>Waste all your gold to use it as bling and buy body slaves
No wonder no one takes Africa seriously
>>
>>2347198

Did..did you just shit talk Timbuktu?

I have a challenge for you- go outside and try to remake it.
>>
Daily reminder Mansa Musa was White and you've been lied to your whole life,
>>
>>2347207
>I have a challenge for you- go outside and try to remake it.
>t. lashawn dewashington
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_from_laughter
>>
>>2347245
>they're the best we have
Even statically, how would certain feats not be impressive if they were well above all averages?
>>
>>2347267
Not that anon, but even this structure to time and resources to build.
>>
File: St Peters Basillica.jpg (163KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
St Peters Basillica.jpg
163KB, 900x596px
>>2347267
wow look at this structure, look at how great Mali architecture is, I mean how can the West compete with this masterpiece....oh wait

by creating this
>>
>>2347292
Why are you comparing the two
>>
>>2347292
Did anyone deny this itt?
>>
>>2347279
It is exceedingly rare for someone who isn't a white male to accomplish something a white male hasn't already done. This is why people cling to the notion Mansa Musa is the richest man whoever lived, as though this makes him a giant among industrial men like Rockefeller or Vanderbilt. He was an atypical African despot who happened to preside over two enormous gold fields in much the same way the house of Saud happens to hold hegemony over some large Oil Fields.

Whats-more is historical wealth calculations are worthless. I hope when you say
>Even statically
you don't mean statistically, and moreover you're not referring to his imagined $400 billion fortune.
He had some shiny rocks, it can not be translated into today's money.

If we use this absurd logic and pretend he's the richest man who ever lived, will we not also admit that the "first" "human" must also, by definition have been in control of the entire human economy! In today's money that's $70 trillion!! wow what a badass! Musa BTFO.

It's stupid, it's a liberal exhibition of stupidity and masochism and I don't want to see it on /his/!
>>
>>2347347

ending your "mic-drop" sentence with an exclamation point < saying the word "badass"
>>
>>2347347
>gold cannot be translated into wealth

Get a load of this fuckstick l m a o
>>
>>2347354
But then how would you know how mad I am?
>>
>>2347368

By hearing the screeching of a /pol/lander who genuinely thinks the world has dominant races and cultures. 4chan is supposed to be a time-killer, not a lifestyle.

Go outside and talk to people of other walks of life.
>>
>>2347378
Do you seriously believe a primitive people living in the jungle is culturally the same as a modern civilization having electricity and running water? This best be a troll
>>
>>2347424

It actually disgusts me that people like this exist.

You truly believe people have stats like fricken Pokemon?
>>
>>2347443
You can take back your bait now
>>
>>2347347
>as though this makes him a giant among industrial men like Rockefeller or Vanderbilt.
I still don't think anons here are making that argument, but what was his wealth for the time?
>>
>>2347122

Unfairly famous simply because he inherited a literal gold mine and wasted it on religion and travel. Not even the greatest of his dynasty, let alone the greatest west african.
>>
>>2347122
The very definition of an arrogant celebrity.
>>
Mali is plastered all over the place to be inclusive to blacks, but it really just proves the opposite.

It's only noteworthy aspect was that it was a civilization that existed. Blacks greatest accomplishment was a pissant civilization. Far too overrespresented in history books for the sake of diversity and political correctness.
>>
>>2347122
>>2347957
>The very definition of an arrogant celebrity.

More like the very definition of hood rich.
>>
>>2347443
I don't think this is bait, I think this is genuine reddit tier liberalism becoming normalised on boards, especially ones like /his/ and /lit/.

I wouldn't attribute stats to people but it goes without saying that someone with down syndrome such as yourself does not have the intellectual faculties of Stephen Hawking, and likewise that someone like LeBron James is physically superior to both the aforementioned.

This equality meme has to go, so does cultural relativism, it's genuinely offensive. To say that the English or any Germanic culture has any parity with the mud-hut Malian empire is just an exhibition of shame induced liberal masochism and it's rude.

Read what Kant had to say about race
>(which is why all Negroes stink)
Is /his/ going to dismiss one of the most formidable philosophers outside of antiquity as a deranged /pol/ack?

Morons!
>>
>>2347455
Incalculable, we can't explain it. Gold was very valuable in the early 14 century and he had a large amount of it. Plenty of West African chieftains had quantities of gold that would render the European or Oriental nobility incredulous, living in incredibly mineral rich areas.

Why that means he had $400 billion in today's money is anyone's guess. They probably made exaggerated estimates of how much gold he actually had or worse believed the sources estimations converted that to $ when gold's been trading high and adjusted for a several centuries of inflation.
>>
The favorite thing about him is reading all the lefties and blackies do historical revisionism on him owning tens of thousands of slaves and working them to death in the gold mines.

Just magnificent mental gymnastics every time.

Best is when they use description of top tier personal palace slaves or soldier slaves that made up like 1-2% of slaves and use that as a blanket description on how slaves were treated in Africa.

keks all around.
>>
>>2347146
Programming bug that became a joke that became a feature
>>
>>2347989
>Far too overrespresented in history books
To what degree? The only time I heard of what was when we went over the slave trade.
>>
>>2348373
>which is why all Negroes stink
If you're basing this of the dry/wet ear wax thing, then nearly 80% of Europeans smell as "bad" as Africans
>>
>>2348373
While I think you're being needlessly hostile to Mali, you're right in that 90% of Europeans and European intellectuals would be considered "racist sexist" by modern liberal standards.
>>
>>2347443

Ashkenazi Jews. A fraction of a fraction of the world populace. Awarded 25% of Nobel prizes.

It's not that the average Ashkenazi jew is super-intelligent. It's that their mean IQ is high enough that the outliers they produce are far above the mean.
>>
Where do I go to find the middle ground? No we wuz or they dindu nothing? I know this is 4chan, but the mere mention of "Africa, " turns things into a black v. White shit fit.
>>
>>2350199
Right? I just want some intelligent discussion of African history. I would go to nairaland but I don't understand Nigerian pidgin and reddit actually discusses Africa less than 4chan
>>
does this board even have mods
>>
>>2350517
yes they only delete interesting threads though
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.