[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jainism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is it even possible to be a jain/jainist outside of India? Wont you freeze to death or die of something else
>>
I like about their diet but it feels a little out of place they still consume milk and derivatives
Perhaps only local small farm production (given they live in a third world shithole)
>>
>>2345489
>Jainism

Is that the extreme version of buddhism?
>>
>>2346351
it came before buddhism brah
>>
Someone give me a quick rundown on Jainism. How is it different from buddhism?
>>
>>2346344
Jains don't take lab grown supplements like you western hipster vegans and so require animal products to fulfill adequate nutritional requirements.
>>
>>2346447
Still, they won't even eat root vegetables because plucking them might kill underground critters
But they still eat animal products? Doesn't make much sense to me
>>
>>2346467
what happens if they accidentally step on a bug
>>
I think a lot of Jains are actually pretty rich and live luxuriously. It's mostly just the monks who go around naked and can't step on bugs etc.
>>
>>2346467
What's the problem with it? Eating eggs and drinking milk doesn't hurt the animal in the slightest if you treat them well.
>>
>>2346517
They don't consume eggs and if they wait for cows to give birth for their protein intake its almost the same as nothing
Unless they, well, have intensive production like western hipsters do
>>
>>2346441
They're divided into two sects: shirts versus skins.
>>
>>2346344
>jains don't live in cities.
>jains don't buy food from the market because everyone in India is a subsistence farmer and call center operative.

>>2346552
the jain community has plenty of traders, so in real functioning society they buy milk from the market and eat non tuber vegetarian food.
>>
>>2347796
This
Jains own the gemstone mining industry in most of india + pakistan
Jains still participate in commerce and work
>>
>>2347796
>>2347935
>>2346499
So they are India's jews
>>
>>2347782
fucking kek that one got me
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.