[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did god invent sleep?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1462604119408.png (10KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1462604119408.png
10KB, 420x420px
Why did god invent sleep?
>>
>>2344139
Because he too rested on the 7th day
>>
It is something we all share. A point of vulnerability for all.
>>
>>2344191
>It is something we all share
That's not an answer. It's only something we all share because he invented it in the first place.
>>
To remind you, you're not eternal but weak
>>
>>2344211
Yep
>>
>>2344271
So why did he invent it?
>>
>>2344299
He's saying god invented it so we all have it to share, dumbfuck
>>
>>2344320
Okay, but why?
>>
>>2344320
Why didn't he invent literally anything else instead?
Why is that even a priority?
>>
>>2344139
so he can talk to us in our dreams
>>
Why did God make sex pleasurable? if sex is sacrilegious unless for the purpose of procreation, then why didn't God just make it a mundane activity, that provides neither pain nor pleasure?
>>
>>2345163

This.

He's particularly silly for making bum sex pleasurable, since he hates it so much, apparently.
>>
Humans literally cannot use human reasoning and perspective and apply it to an all encompassing, omnipotent being, you don't have the experience of working outside the natural order
>>
>>2345218
>>2345163

It's to test your faith, obviously.
>>
>>2345331
Why? Testing my faith is a dick move. Especial since I enjoy butt sex more than others. Why am I to be tested harder than others?
>>
>>2345331

*too
>>
>>2345336

God tests peoples faith throughout the bible. If he made you enjoy sex more than others, he is giving you the chance to overcome something greater and thus become closer to him.
>>
>>2345331

So a supremely intelligent and powerful creator and ruler of an entire cosmos spends his time creating lesser beings just to trick them into having bum sex so he can send them off for torture.

This sounds weird and incoherent to me.
>>
>>2345362
>trick them

No that's your choice to take it up the ass.
>>
>>2344139
The body heals while you sleep, and garbage is removed from it when you awake.

>Boy if I were God I sure would have done a better job.
>>
>>2345366

Tricks always involve choice. You don't trick a girl into being raped at knifepoint, you rape her at knifepoint. Deception is the weapon of a coward.
>>
>>2345366

He's the one that created the entire Universe and thought it would be a good idea to make bum sex fun.
>>
>>2344139
>implying it is a local phenomenon
Sleep is server maintenance. Just as conscience comes from a higher reality, sleep is temporarily disconnection from that reality's input data stream.

TL;DR: sleep is being AFK.
>>
>>2345344

But I already have things to overcome. Why do I need more problems?
>>
>>2345665
Cause you're a weak cunt.
>>
Who's to say god's not a fan of butt sex? Please don't take the bible too seriously, that probably isn't a very good idea. Most Christian based faiths claim you need to interpret the bible in your own personal way.
>>
Because it would be silly for people to go stumbling around in the dark and fall into a ditch or something when they can't do anything productive anyway

So your body just tells you to find somewhere safe and shut down until the sun appears again.
>>
>>2345328
>rationalizing shit not making sense by claiming it's incomprehensible anyway
>you somehow know this

why are you autistic?
>>
>>2345366
What if you get raped
>>
>>2344325
To recover energy.
>>
>>2346284
There ARE things that are beyond man's ability to understand; logical paradoxes for example.
>>
>>2346993
Why would god make us with imperfect bodies that must enter a deathlike state to recover energy?
>>
>>2347020
Maybe that's just because language doesn't exactly represent the world and thus it's possible to describe something that makes absolutely no sense and never even could make sense.
>>
>>2345367
>>2345415
Obviously I know that.

What I'm wondering is why god decided we needed to stop what we're doing for a third of our lives in order to complete this process. Since he's omnipotent obviously he could have just made this not necessary.

>>2346258
This just poses a new question. Why did god invent night?
>>
>>2347022
He doesn't know how to make perfect stuff just like us. That's why he designed in his image.
>>
Daily reminder that god made your digestion and uptake of certain nutrients hugely dependent on microbes that are opportunistic pathogens.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.