[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colonialism in africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Was african colonization a good or bad thing for Africa?
>>
File: zzz.jpg (31KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
31KB, 625x351px
>>
>>2341486
Good for: rich capitalists, bureaucrats and collaborating warlords
Bad for: average African, average European
>>
>>2341486
to they average African living under colonialism? it was far worse
>>
>>2341486
Italians and Brits left behind good culture
>>
Both.

Also, colonization had to end eventually but the rapid cutting-off is probably responsible for a lot of the problems in Africa today.
>>
Probably would've been a net positive if Europeans hadn't just said "lol you're on your own now" in the 1950s/60s and left without leaving behind any sustainable state infrastructure.
>>
Framing a question like this is pretty bad, considering the state of Africa and the state of Europe at the time. it seems as if you're asking "would it be better if Africa was left alone until the present," which would never have happened given innumerable factors
>>
>>2341486
Good and bad don't exist in history
>>
>>2341486
>binary thinking
It was good in some aspects, bad in others. It was certainly inevitable.
>>
>>2341555
>lol you're on your own now
Something Europeans never said.
>>
While colonialism brought technology and civil institutions to Africa, the transmission absolutely did not have to be so brutal and malicious
>>
I think it could have worked if all the race shit was put a side and the Africans adopted the Western way of life.
>>
>>2341511
how retarded do you have to be to believe this
>>
>>2343348
Eat my shit Gramsci.
>>
The industrialisation and development of the African continent has contributed to the current global ecological catastrophe, so no, it was not a good thing. It was probably unavoidable, though.
>>
>>2341486
>Was african colonization a good or bad thing for Africa?
What is good? What is bad? Kys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.