[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who was the smuggest general of ww2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: smug guderian.png (637KB, 786x496px) Image search: [Google]
smug guderian.png
637KB, 786x496px
who was the smuggest general of ww2?
>>
Guderian definitely had the smuggest face but which general had the smuggest personality?
>>
I wonder what being a real life general is like. Must be really something else. Something grand. Why will I never know life beyond being a low tier wage slave?
>>
>>2338624

Monty always sorta struck me as a smarmy cunt until I saw a doco on him.
>>
>>2338643
It would suck. It'd be no different from being a PM or a President, except that you actually had to earn your position
>>
>>2338624
>>2338636

Smugness is excused if it is matched by competency and I think Guderian unarguably has earned that

Probably a Japanese commander
>>
>>2338624
Monty.

Was shit hot in North Africa, and deserved some of the acclaim he got in the press. But not all, as it went to his head. He started wearing that tank beret from a regiment he'd barely served in because he knew the press loved it.
In Europe he was basically
>muh Cobra
>muh Market Garden

Was a nob to the Yanks, and pissed them all off, especially Eisenhower which was a bit of a bad move. including during the Ardennes when everyone was at breaking point. Churchill called him "insufferable". Eisenhower said 'I can not forget his readiness to belittle associates in those critical moments when the cooperation of all of us was needed.'
No wonder people think he was autistic

Him racing Patton to Palermo was top bants though
>>
Donald Trump
>>
>>2338636

Monty (Field Marshall Autismo)
Rommel ("Supply lines? Haha what you even talking about brah!")
MacArthur
Mark Clark (Hey guys, I captured an open city, so what if I let a full Army escape behing the Gustav Line)
Lloyd Fredenhall ("Listen to the British about Rommel? the nerve! Haha, stupid Krauts, Kasserine is going to be a breeze")
>>
>>2338636
montgomery
>>
>>2339624

Also Admiral Ernest King who hated the British so much he ignored the Royal Navy's advice on the U-Boat threat.
>>
File: Make the World Old Again.png (717KB, 931x960px) Image search: [Google]
Make the World Old Again.png
717KB, 931x960px
>>2339327
>vastly overrated by his supporters and a complete meme leader.
he might well be Patton reincarnated.
>>
>>2339656
At least Patton got results
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.