[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trolls are pagans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

>However, trolls are also attested as looking much the same as human beings, without any particularly hideous appearance about them, but living far away from human habitation and generally having "some form of social organization" — unlike the rå and näck, who are attested as "solitary beings". According to John Lindow, what sets them apart is that they are not Christian, and those who encounter them do not know them.

>Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized.

Are the legends of Scandinavian trolls just corrupted accounts of Norse pagans that rejected Christianization?
>>
>>2328153
Yes ofc. The norse were notorious for despising their own religion and coming up with, and converting to christianity before it reached them.
>>
>>2328221
>converting to christianity before it reached them.

I'm talking about troll folklore from after the Christianization of Scandinavia.
>>
Maybe, it would not be unlike the Tuatha de Dannan of Ireland being pre-Indo-European peoples who retreated to woods and hills and literally became elves.
>>
>>2328346
Tell me more.
>>
>>2328356

they beleived that some people become reincarnated as nature spirits after they die
>>
Trolls are probably neanderthals, the elves cro-magnon.
>>
>>2328153

No, this is a nonsense claim. Trolls existed in the mythology of the Norse and English before they converted.
>>
>>2328430
>elves are uglier than trolls
I am ok with this
>>
>>2328430
>the elves cro-magnon.
>the elves are early homo-sapiens

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

That's the most retarded shit ever.
>>
>>2328449

>2017
>believing in OOA
>>
>>2328454
It's literally (CURRENT YEAR) and /pol/io still wants to dispute academic consensus without sound data.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.