[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Babylonian Jews Descend From Solomon or just David?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: babylon.jpg (17KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
babylon.jpg
17KB, 300x168px
Did the Jews of Babylon descend from Solomon or King David? Because if they descended from his other line "Nathan" then why isn't Nathan considered way more important than Solomon?
>>
>>2326850
exiled Jews weren't just those with royal lineage, it was pretty much everyone in Jerusalem who wasn't a regular peasant
>>
>>2326850
Abraham through Isaac through Jacob, whose name became Israel, and whose sons became the 12 tribes of Israel.

Both David and Solomon were of the tribe of Judah, the ruling class, so some Jews were descended from one or the other, or both. But not all Jews, as the other 11 tribes are distinct from Judah.
>>
>>2326904
Ok but I mean the exliarchs. And i already found my answer online they descend from both since there was some "ding ding dong ding" inbreeding going on.

>>2326911
The ruling class descended from all three due to inbreeding. Just found out.

But if Judah is where they are from why is it called Israel instead of Judah?
>>
There is no evidence of any of the famous jewish forfathers that appear in the bible except david.
>>
>>2326946
It's a fact that there were Jewish kings in Babylon who ruled the Jewish community and it's also in Rabbionic literature,.
>>
>>2326957
>>2326957
Not disputing that. There is no evidence of abraham and the other forefathers...
No evidence except the bible...
Also no evidence of any migration into israel not of Abraham o rof any major exodus of jews out of egypt.
>>
>>2326993
Oh ok I see what you're saying. I thought you were denying Solomon and the Exliarchs of Babylon. I think the reason they moved out of Egypt was to return to their holy land but it wasn't exodus. And the myth that they were slaves in Babylon is bullshit as well because they were treated ok.
>>
>>2327007
There is no evidence of mass slavery in egypt. There is no evidence of an enslaved people in egypt. There is no evidence of a people moving out of egypt...
We are talking about different historical records that different empires did during different times and the supposed possile times in which this exodus was to take place.
Non mention anything like this. Not the gyptian records nor any other.
>>
>>2326915
Because Judah is just one of the 12 tribes of Israel?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.