[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGTOW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ochsenhausen-monastery.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ochsenhausen-monastery.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
What's the deal with monasteries? Why did so many young men chose to devote their life to god?
>>
>>2324703
The life of a monk was a cut above what you could expect on average in the Middle Ages. Monks got plenty of food and a LOT of booze. It was also a good place to put troublesome claimants to thrones and fiefs after defeating them. Also, I'm sure the life genuinely appealed to some for its quiet and spiritual aspects. Just bear in mind that monasteries were powerful and had a lot of wealth and influence. There was very little that was unattractive about being a part of one.
>>
>>2324712
Also it's not exactly hard to sneak away into town to fuck a whore.

Vow =/= Reality
>>
>>2324712
Celibacy
+
Rigid daily routines
>>
>>2324703
Who /goingtheirownway/ here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHslWTN1zsE
>>
>>2324948

Neither as rigid as you think.
>>
>>2324948
As opposed to the rigid daily routine of 90% of the rest of the world? Tending crops and livestock was hard, tedious work. Not many people were going on vacation to Tuscany or anything. As for celibacy, it's called a wank.
>>
>>2324970
>why yes, I do believe the solution to a society that wants me to wear the chastity cage is to voluntarily put one on
>>
>>2325013
There's wank and there's sex. I believe most men and women can identify the difference between the two. Although autists may not, which is a given.
>>
>>2325016
All I'm saying is it's not overly difficult to get by without sex. Physical needs can be met easily enough.
>>
For some reason modern cynics have a hard time believing that a lot of people genuinely wanted to pursue a life of asceticism and education.
>>
>>2325028
Now the wording has changed.

Its not that hard to get by without sex, however who would be willing to give it up if they can get easy sex?
>>
>>2325040
I'm pretty sure the majority of /his/ would be monks in the Medieval era if they had the choice.
>>
>>2325050
I suppose people who value learning and free room and board above shagging a woman who hasn't bathed in a month.
>>
>>2325060
When most people haven't bathed in a month, it wouldn't be considered a downside.

Also, the pursuit of higher learning is always a rarer trait among people. Most people want easy and comfortable life, not devoting your entire life learning and ignoring your primal desires.
>>
>>2325073
Granted, I skew more towards autism and less towards normie. I'd choose the monastic life over plowing my lord's field and my common-law peasant wife.
>>
If you were looking at a life full of hardship as a poor farmer, trying to become a monk could have been a very attractive alternative.
>>
File: Barockkirche-Ottobeuren.jpg (273KB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Barockkirche-Ottobeuren.jpg
273KB, 1900x1267px
bumperino
>>
>>2324816
What would happen if you were found out, though?
>>
>>2325782
dude what do you think, christianity is all about feeling guilty over the shit you did and doing repetitive chores as penance
>>
Probably better than being a dirt poor peasant in a lot of cases, that and you probably believed you would get into heaven.
>>
Because eternity is more important than the temporary.
>>
>>2325073
>Most people want easy and comfortable life
If you'd ever actually accomplished hard work in your life, or finished a "rigid" routine, you'd know the payoff feels well.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.