[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the japanese people altaic? Pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Datei_Uk topo en.jpg (2MB, 2000x3089px) Image search: [Google]
Datei_Uk topo en.jpg
2MB, 2000x3089px
Are the japanese people altaic?

Pic unrelated
>>
The Altaic family was for languages, not people, and it long since fallen out of favor among linguists because it was basically just thrown together for convenience in the first place in the face of all the non-supportive evidence.
>>
>>2324465

do languages just float around in the ether or do people speak them?
>>
>>2324465
Its a fact that the easiest language to learn for japanese native speakers is turkish and for turkish native speakers its japanese.
Do you think its just a coincidence?
>>
>>2324487
Proofs?
>>
>>2324455
They are a mix of Sino-Mongolic with native North Pacific Islanders
>>
>>2324473
Languages can be picked up by people who have absolutely no ethnic or genetic relation to one another.

>>2324487
I've never heard of Turks learning Japanese more easily than other people. Even if it were true I'd say yes that's just a coincidence. Because there's virtually nothing similar between proto-Turkic and proto-Japanese. That's ultimately what led to the Altaic family being discredited, because the further back you went you got even fewer similarities between the proposed languages rather than more, and as more study was done it just uncovered that much of the early research was incorrect, especially regarding Japanese. So any similarities between Japanese and other proposed Altaic families could be explained by the Areal effect rather than by shared ancestry, since their similarities only diminish the further back you go.

Modern linguist theory has Japanese as a language isolate barring any evidence to suggest otherwise, but the strongest theory that hasn't yet been discredited is a link to some now-extinct Korean dialect. But there's not a lot of compelling evidence, hence why the prevailing stance is that it's a language isolate.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.