[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Whitey hide what the world REALLY looks like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Gall–Peters_projection_SW.jpg (723KB, 2058x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Gall–Peters_projection_SW.jpg
723KB, 2058x1314px
Why does Whitey hide what the world REALLY looks like?
>>
>>2324197
because it would show that the rest of the world is inferior to africa like god meant it to be
>>
File: Robinson_projection_SW.jpg (637KB, 2058x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Robinson_projection_SW.jpg
637KB, 2058x1050px
>>2324197
>not posting the REAL best projection
>>
>>2324197
Wow, that projection is ugly as shit.

I've never understood the "stop hiding the REAL size of Africa" thing. It's true that most westerners don't know very much about Africa but does anybody really think that's because it's too small on our maps? Everybody's well-aware of how much history & diversity is crammed into relatively small areas around the Mediterranean, in south/southeast Asia etc, even though they're not that prominent on the map.

Nobody thinks that Siberia and Greenland are loci of civilization even though they appear huge.
>>
>>2324197
Like it does on a fucking globe. Do your people understand the concept of globes?
>>
>>2324225
There is no best projection, idiot.
>>
>>2324293
There are definitely worse projections. Accentuating the southern hemisphere is the worst way to go about making a map because the southern hemisphere has less landmass, so you're cramming the much vaster northern hemisphere up against the top of the map.
>>
>>2324300
>Accentuating the southern hemisphere is the worst way to go

No projections do that.
>>
>>2324247
>Nobody thinks that Siberia and Greenland are loci of civilization even though they appear huge.

Honestly Russia seems much less intimidating when you see its true size. It's not rational but that's how it works.
>>
File: dymaxion-map-large1.png (99KB, 1660x790px) Image search: [Google]
dymaxion-map-large1.png
99KB, 1660x790px
>>2324293
>There is no best projection, idiot.

Ahem
>>
>>2324311
I meant the equatorial region.
>>
>>2324300
>There are definitely worse projections
No there are not. Each projection is designed for a particular purpose, not to be "better".
>>
>>2324317
>The Dymaxion projection is intended only for representations of the entire globe. It is not a gnomonic projection, whereby global data expands from the center point of a tangent facet outward to the edges. Instead, each triangle edge of the Dymaxion map matches the scale of a partial great circle on a corresponding globe, and other points within each facet shrink toward its middle, rather than enlarging to the peripheries
>>
spheres are annoying. I hate them. a cylindrical world would be so simple.
>>
>>2324197
Britain the same size as France? Try again
>>
File: ringowrld.jpg (34KB, 526x332px) Image search: [Google]
ringowrld.jpg
34KB, 526x332px
>>2324197
>implying we aren't a group of islands on the surface of a huge ringworld
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR2296df-bc

Why are globeheads and flatfags so autistic?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.