[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

U.S. History

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: swedishguyplayingtennis.jpg (25KB, 269x282px) Image search: [Google]
swedishguyplayingtennis.jpg
25KB, 269x282px
I do love history as a hobby and after Europe it's time to learn US history, any good generalized book to start? One that a US foreigner could buy easily in EU.
>>
>>2323774
inb4
>US history
Give this anon an answer /his/
>>
>>2323774
it's 250 years, m8. It takes .like 5 paragraphs to learn about.
>>
>>2323774

Yale has an awesome history Program over here in the states, so any Books published out of their name are bound to be legit. They also have a variety of textbooks you can find on amazon, a simple google search of Yale history text books should help you out.

The reason i say text books is because they are very general and tend to be more informative instead of bias.

Things to know about U.S History that will probably interest you.

>The Prohibition
>Civil War
>The Industrial Revolution and rise of immigration to the States
>Anything on the Western Frontier and of the "old west"

Some things you should take into consideration.

Depending on where you're from, especially if you're from the UK, you'll find topics on the Revolution to be probably a bit obscure from what you may know.

American Patriotism is stoopid!! Like even for Our greatest Historians over here, they are still biased towards America Being the best place ever. So any books you read about souly the American Revolution, or the U.S's greatest hits like WW2, War of 1812, American Development and all that stuff that has to do with America growing, it's gona sound like the U.S is the best.

If you want to take a break from reading, and watch some short movies, the History Channel is usually not a good place to start. Though entertaining, some of it is bs and sounds like America is just gloating again.

You'll find that A lot of the U.S History has been influenced y foreign nations, so where ever you're from I'm sure you'll feel proud at one point to read up on the History.

Unless you're Irish.
>>
>>2323803
Thx m8, this info is exactly what I'm looking for, btw I don't like this bias towards American greatness too, It feels unrealistic.

And fortunately I'm not Irish, just a friend from France.
>>
>>2323839

Well then, you will Love the American Revolution! So many books on the topic praise France.

Honestly after reading up on a lot of things, you're nation and leaders had a huge influence on the creation of this country! Not to mention without the French Support during a lot of battles we'd probably still all be paying our taxes to the King/Queen over here.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.