[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this guy really that good of a sniper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: simo hayha.jpg (107KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
simo hayha.jpg
107KB, 800x575px
or was he only able to get all those confirmed kills because he was facing a huge invading army of Soviets..
>>
>>2315496
i mean it is kinda hard to miss hordes of commies running at you
>>
>>2315496
im assuming Simo did not work alone, possibly had multiple snipers locking down a heavily wooded area with a large enemy troop concetration could produce large numbers of enemy causalties.

Just speculation, but Simo was undoubtedly an impressive and quite leathal soldier.
>>
It's more than "sniping." The guy was a legendary badass. I believe many if not most of his confirmed kills were with a submachine gun. Might be wrong about that. He was a total killer and a great shot. Put in the circumstances he was bound to stick out. He was a legendary warrior.
>>
>>2315527
OK I was probably wrong about the submachine gun kills, but I did just read he preferred iron sights, which is pretty impressive.
>>
so..
what is wrong with his face?
>>
>>2315496
He was a good sniper, but his kill count is almost surely exaggerated. Contemporary sources claim 219, and even that's probably an exaggeration. The much-touted 505 figure came later.

>>2315527
> I believe many if not most of his confirmed kills were with a submachine gun

He had zero confirmed kills with a submachine gun. As in, there's no possible way they could have confirmed which kills were his, since all of his SMG combat was in ambushes with a whole section of his men.
>>
>>2315542
Got shot in the face
>>
>>2315548
damn, that's rough
>>
>>2315496
His kill count is probably exaggerated, it's really hard to confirm with only iron sights whether you actually killed Ivan over there or he just hit the snow once he heard a bullet whiz over his head.
>>
>>2315564
Also he's a Finn
>>
>>2315578
He was also a manlett since he came from a poor farmer family i think
>>
>>2315598
Auddie Murphy was a manlet too. Manlet rage unleashed on the battlefield is a dangerous thing.
>>
>>2315599
>>2315599
dub dubs confirm
>>
File: 1477844456234.jpg (294KB, 1196x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1477844456234.jpg
294KB, 1196x1600px
>>2315599
>kill hundreds of commies for the defense of your country
>be remembered as an angry little guy
>>
for anyone interested in learning about the winter war and has an hour to spare here's a very interesting lecture about it by a military history scholar from the US army command college

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUl4C0VvN5k
>>
He is literally a propaganda piece just like any other meme sniper with 'hundreds' of kills.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.