[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great Game Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Vasily_Verischagin__Barbarians.jpg (640KB, 2770x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Vasily_Verischagin__Barbarians.jpg
640KB, 2770x1100px
I used to post stories about the Great Game, and I've been thinking about getting back into it now that I'm getting some more time on my hands. The reason being that despite some of the dumb typos I make, posting those stories helped out my writing a lot, even if it was just a factual recount of events. I have an absolute shit-ton of things I've picked up and learned about the subject, so I don't think that there will be a shortage of things any time soon. Problem is that I'm not sure how I should structure it.

I was thinking maybe a one thread per-week that was at most a 3-4 post story but I also don't want to unfairly flood /his/ with my shit either so I was wondering if I should just have one thread instead. I'm also not sure how popular they would be. When I posted them last time, people told me they were fun but there was very little criticism of me or just discussion about the events that had transpired. Posting threads like that is kind boring to a lot of people and it seems like it'd take the space of other content. There's also the fact that I may have overloaded people with all the crap I spew out about the Great Game that some people might find the subject a bit boring. Essentially, I just want to gauge interest about these threads, as in, if people actually want them or if I should just fuck off back to where I came from.

I will most likely give a straight account of the facts, though I'll probably throw my own opinion in at the end of each post. Thoughts about this?
>>
>>2314830
This smells great
>>
>>2314830
It seems cool, and I think I remember a few threads some time ago. I'd join in
>>
>>2314850
>>2314869
Alright, but how would you suggest I structure it? One thread per week, or a single ongoing thread that has to be bumped but has all the information in one place?
>>
>>2314830
Yes this is a fascinating era and so on! Please continue
>>
File: 1486058828971.jpg (27KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1486058828971.jpg
27KB, 500x499px
>>2315296
either desu
>>
>>2314830
do it
I don't know too much about the period and would love to read about it here and lurk during discussions
>>
>>2315417
Great, that's pretty much what I did last time. I'll probably start today, tomorrow, or Monday, since this weekend is a bit more busy than usual. I'm also probably going to do something weekly rather than a single thread.
>>
>>2317025
Link for us when you do.
>>
File: TheGreatGamePt1.png (2MB, 1484x8729px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatGamePt1.png
2MB, 1484x8729px
>>2314830
What a delight to encounter an old acquaintance wandering through this intellectual desert. I still have the screencaps from the original threads.
>>
File: TheGreatGamePt2.png (2MB, 1484x9710px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatGamePt2.png
2MB, 1484x9710px
>>
>>2314830
I remember that, I enjoyed it
>>
>>2321341
>>2323537
Don't bother bumping it, I'll make a new thread when I make the story.
>>
>>2323702
Do you have a transcript of the second thread? I made screencaps of the first thread, but I did not screencap the second thread. The second thread archived after only a couple days, but you posted a few paragraphs of material in it.
>>
>>2314830
>>2319530
>>2319534
tfw I was working on editing the material a bit and putting it in a pastebin but got really busy.

http://pastebin.com/t0Q9DE6V

Didn't get all that far it was a lot more work than I thought, but here it is.
>>
>>2323727
Yeah mods deleted it for some reason.

Well the thread used to be here: http://archived.moe/his/thread/1679812/

But archived.moe is down for good, so unless you can find a good alternative that has the page cached you're out of luck. I personally can't find the thread in any other archives, though you might have better luck(Thread number is 1679812). This time around I'll be writing them beforehand and then pasting them into the 4chan text field so that it's easier to put in a pastebin and so it's harder to lose.
>>
>>2323806
Archived.moe has been down a million times before, it'll come back someday.
>>
>>2314830

Please go for it. Loved it the last time. Currently I am actually reading Hopkirk's Foreign Devils on the Silk Road because it was recommended in a thread like this.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.