[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SO how many of you retards have been banned from AskHistorians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1006.jpg (133KB, 917x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
133KB, 917x960px
SO how many of you retards have been banned from AskHistorians
>>
File: absolutely haram.jpg (96KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely haram.jpg
96KB, 531x471px
>>2313372
>posting on leddit
>>
>>2313462
This guy definitely
>>
>>2313372
all of /his/ is banned from anywhere that requires basic knowledge of history
>>
>>2313372
I have never posted on reddit.
I have fun discussing here, and if I want more serious discussion, I certainly wouldn't go to reddit first.
>>
File: 1483298178197.png (337KB, 499x420px) Image search: [Google]
1483298178197.png
337KB, 499x420px
>>2313462
yeah, why the fuck would you want your questions answered by actual experts in the respective niches of history when i could just get some answer from an anonymous anime image board browser?

kys loser
>>
File: disdain.jpg (38KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
38KB, 400x402px
>>2313372
>Reddit

>>2313581
The fact that they consider themselves experts and post in a place intended for "actual experts" is enough of a reason for me not to want to go there. If I want to read scholarship, i'll go and read it. If I want to discuss it with /his/ i'll go on /his/. Reddit has got an atrocious sense of humour compared to 4chan, as unpopular as it is to suggest. We are sometimes too self-deprecating.
>>
File: ElZTsD5.png (100KB, 853x600px) Image search: [Google]
ElZTsD5.png
100KB, 853x600px
>>2313581
this desu the requirements for a comment there are a hell of a lot more rigorous than here, so you can be absolutely sure that any answer (if you do get one) will be correct
>>
>>2313462

>still hating reddit
>>
>>2313626
Reddit is the opposite of 4chan. The OP is sometimes really good, but the comments are pure "le inside joke ;^)" cancer. Impossible to have a good discussion because everyone is just trying to be witty.
>>
>>2313663
Have u ever been on AskHistorians? Jokes are literally banned
>>
>>2313626
Does the fact that they have PhDs not make them experts? Oh no, I'm sure you've read a bunch of osprey books with the pretty pictures and are now an experrt

Cunt
>>
>>2313372
that's a completely different animal. /his/ is for funposting
>>
>>2313950
>muh PhD
>worshipping a piece of paper
University cultists are worse than creationists
>>
>>2313626
>The fact that they consider themselves experts and post in a place intended for "actual experts" is enough of a reason for me not to want to go there. If I want to read scholarship, i'll go and read it. If I want to discuss it with /his/ i'll go on /his/. Reddit has got an atrocious sense of humour compared to 4chan, as unpopular as it is to suggest. We are sometimes too self-deprecating.

Almost as if there is some middle ground between monographs and talking shit online..

Don't let that stop your autistic hatred of reddit though.
>>
>shill reddit on 4chan
>act surprised when you get shat on
>>
>>2313950
PhDs don't make you an expert. Having a shit ton of peer reviewed publications that have had a sizeable impact on the area on which you are writing is what makes you an expert.

>>2314011
Get out kiddo.
>>
>>2314011
>>2313685
>>2313657
>>2313581
>>2313372
Why the hell do you redditor shitniggers come here to shill your faggot website? And how come mods aren't banning your shit?
>>
not banned but sometimes a post gets downvote brigaded by leftists
>>
>>2314029
the 4chan community is not the same as it once was, it is on life support and chemo due to the efforts of hiroshimoot and might recover but I go elsewhere now
>>
File: 1475356731947.jpg (57KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1475356731947.jpg
57KB, 640x427px
ITT: People salty that reddit has a better community and is actually less of an echo chamber than here
>>
>>2314142
>/pol/ is an echo chamber therefore all of 4chan is an echo chamber
>>
>>2314149
> blaming everything on /pol/
You just proved my point
>>
>>2314120
I go on 8ch because there you can at least get outright banned for saying you're from reddit.
>>
>>2314162
I didn't blame anything on /pol/. it's a simple fact that it's an echo chamber.
>>
>>2313581
>>2313644
>>2313657
>>2313950
>>2314011
>>2314142
go back, and stay back
>>>/R/eddit
>>
>>2314168
>an echo chamber
It's open posting
>>
>>2314309
so is the rest of 4chan. why did you call it an echo chamber then if that is your standard?
>>
>All images and discussion should pertain to the humanities: history, philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>>
File: 1471026280039.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1471026280039.png
28KB, 186x208px
>>2313372
What's AskHistorians?
>>
I actually have a history degree so I occasionally go on AskHistorians to answer questions about my field

I like /his/ more though. If I wanted a serious well thought out discussion I'd just talk to one of my colleagues.
>>
>>2314337
>so is the rest of 4chan
Not on /his/ which instead of just not being /pol/ the mods are trying to act like it's anti-/pol/.

Example: try making a thread saying Germans are subhumans and degenerates who destroyed Europe and should be wiped out, etc. Then try making the exact same thread about Jews.
>>
>>2314346
subreddit where people ask history questions, and people who may or may not be actual historians answer the questions.
>>
So Reddit vs 4chan is the sperg wars?
>>
>>2314411
Is there anyway to verify they're actually historians?
>>
>>2314449
The mods give tags to self-declared historians. That being said, it's rather easy to "identify" historians on Leddit simply because AskHistorians enforces book sources and bans wikipedia linking retards while /his/ continues to beg for wikipedia link explaining their agenda.
>>
>>2314486
>wikipedia linking retards
This happens all too often on /his/.

>study certain topic from primary sources and academic material for over a decade
>"nah m8 you're wrong here's a cuckpedia article that agrees with me"
>>
>>2313462
>pretending that AH has anything to do with /r/funny or /r/videos
>>
I think the question was

How can anyone seriously believe the holocaust was a myth?

I don't even thnk the holocaust was a myth desu but reddit just annoys me that they would even ask such a condescending question when academics is all about challenging ideas and asking questions.

SO anyone I responded with, what would the Japanese concentration camps in america look like if they ran out of food and had typhus outbreaks?

It would look just like Dachau which wasn't a death camp, it was a political prison for people such as Shusshnig and Niemoller. Even Jewish prisoners were liberated from this camp but it still looked like hell because of how bad condition were at liberation.

BANNED.
>>
AskHistorians is for casuals who want to into history but too wary of infographic memes at best or too lazy to do the research themselves at worst.
>>
>>2314502

I have a Masters in History and I'm not afraid to admit I check out wikipedia if I'm checking out a thread about a topic I'm not expert in.

Fair play to you if you only stick to threads where you have been studying primary sources and academic material for a decade. You can only possibly be that exprct in a couple of subjects at most, unless you are over exaggerating your expertise.

The problem with /his/ isn't people linking Wikipedia, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you are smart enough and humble enough to understand you ain't some expert just because you read a Wiki page and you are capable of recognising when you are speaking to someone with genuine knowledge, however people with genuine knowledge are few and far between on /his/.

The problem with /his/ is far too many people who don't even have what I call a "Wikipedia Tier" level of knowledge on a subject making things up off the top of their head, usually for /int/ style shitposting purposes.
>>
>>2314650
Wikipedia should be 100% avoided if you're dealing with controversial topics like communism, nazis, etc. There's such an absurd degree of horseshit on there it should be completely disregarded.
>>
>>2314655

Given that the majority of posters only have 4chan infographic level of knowledge of anything to do with history I would still respectfully disagree.
>>
Askhistorians is shit and is only liked by pseudo intellectuals or post grads who think they're experts because they can regurgitate what their professor said. Strict moderation (to a fucking absurd degree) and upboat system ensure you get the most generic and watered down answers, something you could easily get from Wikipedia. I wish the reddit shits who think that shithole is so great would go and stay there.
>>
>>2314600
Username? I will check if u were banned, and what for
>>
>>2314486
>>2314449

Mods give flairs to people who can show a history of answered questions that meet AH requirements
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.