[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taoist discussion: the way of water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images (79).jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (79).jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Ursula K leGuin on the way of the warrior vs the the way of water:
http://bookviewcafe.com/blog/2016/11/21/the-election-lao-tzu-a-cup-of-water/

Read her thoughts before discussion.

Please do not discuss specific politics in this thread: this thread is about the idea of the way of water.

I myself am drawn to this, not as passivity, but as flowing action.
I also like the contrast: the way of the warrior has never felt like my path.
>>
>>2312874
>I myself am drawn to this
>I also like the contrast
>never felt like my path
Who cares what you think? Congratulations on being interested in an idea.
>>
>>2312907
Congratulations on being a smug fuck.
Are you here to discuss?
What do you think of these ideas?
>>
>>2312917
What do YOU think of them? You started the thread. All you said was that you like it and it makes you feel nice.
>>
>>2312924
I like her ideas. I do not disagree with any point.
Also, I think it is very hard to choose not to behave in a reactionary fashion in a given situation.

Now. This is not my blog.

If you are here to contribute to the duscussion with thoughts of your own, join in.
Otherwise kindly fuck off.
>>
>>2313038
What the fuck do you expect? You don't disagree with anything in there, you don't explain what it's about, you don't say how it might be relevant to other people, you literally just said "I like it and I don't disagree." So fucking what? If you don't have any thoughts to add, why would you even post this thread?
>>
Will read later, I like some of her books, specially Left Hand of Darkness. One of the best sci-fi writers imho
>>
Not going to copy & paste the whole thing: here is an exerpt from the end.

Meditation
The river that runs in the valley
makes the valley that holds it.

This is the doorway:
the valley of the river.

~

What wears away the hard stone,
the high mountain?

The wind. The dust on the wind.
The rain. The rain on the wind.

What wears the hardness of hate away?
Breath, tears.

~

Courage, compassion, patience
holding to their way:
the path to the doorway.
>>
>>2313038
>read before discussion
>>
File: flying car.jpg (279KB, 1282x636px) Image search: [Google]
flying car.jpg
279KB, 1282x636px
Yes OP, this is mighty cool.
Next step is to use the I Ching.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.