[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soviet Holocaust

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ussr.png (745B, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
ussr.png
745B, 200x100px
Where can i read about the holocaut/genocide that happened in Soviet and gulags etc? Any book recommenddations?
>>
Do you mean the Holdover, the Chechen genocide or something else entirely?
>>
>>2312862
It's called the Holodmor, not Holocaust. And I'm sure you can find plenty of books on Amazon.

Also, the Gulag Archipelago is pretty good.
>>
>>2312862
for the gulags, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich and the Gulag Archipelago are really the only widely published accounts of life there outside of reading actual state documents.

The Holodomor is a lot trickier due to no real documentation of it being released by the Russian state, and I personally don't know many books on the subject that are fully reliable information.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 181x279px
>>2312862
The Gulag Archipelago is a god tier book. Pic is my copy, you can find it at Barnes and Nobles, and is the best as it has a neat map of all the camps and their death tolls.
>>
>>2312862
these are all on twentieth century genocide in general, though i'm sure they discuss the ussr's policies and more specifically the holodomor. use bookzz or libgen to see if you can get a free copy
Midlarsky, Manus I. The Killing Trap: Genocide in the Twentieth Century. Cambridge, UK, and New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005.
>Midlarsky presents a comparative analysis of domestic (social and economic) and international (geopolitical) environments of the 20th century genocides. He correctly contends that comparative analyses of genocide are necessary for more meaningful understanding of genocide and mass murder. He also considers nongenocide cases in an effort to develop an explanatory framework.

Rummel, R. J. Death by Government. New Brunswick, NJ: Transaction, 1994.
>Rummel introduces the concept of “democide,” as applied to the intentional killing by states. The word “genocide,” he argues, should be reserved for state-sponsored mass murder for the physical and cultural destruction of a people. Numerous data are presented in useful tables. Democratization represents the best solution to end democide.

Staub, Ervin. The Roots of Evil: The Origins of Genocide and Other Group Violence. Cambridge, UK, and New York: Cambridge University Press, 1989.
>A psychological and cultural study on the susceptibility of ordinary citizens to turn into perpetrators of genocide and mass violence. Under certain circumstances, individuals embrace stereotypical thinking that serves as ideological justification for mass murder. This volume also examines the role of bystanders. Outlines specific steps toward nonviolent conflict resolution.

Fein, Helen. Genocide: A Sociological Perspective. London: SAGE, 1993.
>Outlines the nature and history of genocide, summarizing the existing state and understanding of its definition, causation, and prevention. The author analyzes examples of genocide from around the world to provide a critical review of genocide scholarship.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kengir_uprising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzh4jJF5AA

The Kengir uprising was a prisoner uprising that took place in the Soviet prison labor camp Kengir in May and June 1954. Its duration and intensity distinguished it from other Gulag uprisings in the same period (see Vorkuta uprising).

After the murder of some of their fellow prisoners by guards, Kengir inmates launched a rebellion and proceeded to seize the entire camp compound, holding it for weeks and creating a period of freedom for themselves unique in the history of the Gulag
>>
>>2312870
It's called Aardakh
>>
>>2312862
Ass pained Memekrainian detected
>>
>>2312938
Stalin's regime killed shitloads of Jews as well.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.