[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russo Japanese War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0791.jpg (48KB, 478x308px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0791.jpg
48KB, 478x308px
What can /his/ tell me about this war, I'm starting to find it really interesting.
How impactful was it?
>>
It made the world realize that Japan was not to be belittled while Russia was very much overestimated.
>>
>>2311602
You'r lucky, I'm very interested in this war too. Well russians was implanted in Madchouria (in city's like Moudken or Port-Arthur), they fought aigainst the powerfull new asian imperialism and they lost because they was'nt able to bring enought men in siberia and cause of japan navy which destroyed the Russian fleets.
>>
>How impactful was it
It helped start ww1
>>
>>2311602
The impact was really strong and shocking for Europe : One of the biggest power in world lost aigainst an asian one for the first time in history
>>
I wrote a paper on it years back.

Japanese
>less troops, but much better training (german officers after meiji restoration)
>placement of artillery guns, and troop tactics gave them an edge over the russians

Russians
>way more men, supplies, etc
>terrible, unfinished railroad infrastructure made transporting troops a nightmare
>terrible leadership due to corruption in russian military academies (aka rich kids bribing their way up)

Russians also took a huge hit after losing the massive naval battle. Vladivostok once again proved to be useless when it froze over. Obvs theres much more to it but thats what I remember off the top of my head
>>
>>2311623
I thought Russia had lost to The Ottomans in Crimea
>>
Russia had poor troops, and was in a state of internal unrest due to the incompetence of the Tsar. The Japanese on the other hand were organised, motivated and relatively modern.
>>
The war helped destroy the reputation of tsar nick. It caused him and also Russia to be seen as much less significant and somewhat incompetent
>>
>>2311649
More like lost to the bongs n frogs
>>
What is often understated that American intervention in the peace process allowed Sakhalin to be split between the loser ruskies and the victorious japs. While the japs were victorious it wasnt accepted as such by the japanese population. The japanese govenernment of the time was beating their chest and tooting their own horn, claiming they would annex the entirety of Sakhalin in quite jingoist fashion.

The failure of living up to this promise and the mangeled victory in 1905 opened the door to the fascistoid figureheads that pushed for ever increasing conflict and ultimately involvement with the axis powes and wwii.
>>
>>2311608
Id argue the reverse, especially considering how easy the japs had it in wwi and how splergy they got in wwii. Overestimation of their own military prowess led to a lot of miscalculations, and also created fear among the rest of the western powers who now felt their colonies were under threat from an asiatic power.

It also almost led to German/Russian alliance as a result of Russians sinking some Bong ships on their way to Asia
>>
I remember when I was studying the war, and the previous war between Japan and the Qing, if not for the internal war back home with the 1905 revolution attempt back in European Russia, Russia may very well have won the war. Japan had no means to sustain a long, drawn out war, despite the naval victories. Russia was able to send a multitude of further divisions compared to the relatively small armed forces of Japan.

Japan hadn't created a decent situation for any sort of prolonged conflict, similarly with the First Sino-Japanese War, in which the only means of supply came from those left by fleeing enemy forces, similar to the war in 1905.

These two wars helped to ferment this "invincible, great" Japan, that in all reality, did not ACTUALLY fight well or have any decent experience.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.