[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Have Faith?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: o-OLD-QURAN.jpg (1MB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-OLD-QURAN.jpg
1MB, 2000x1000px
I wish I was faithful, but I can't help thinking of religious rules and values as man-made things that a leader would want his nation, army, and citizens to adhere to, rather than them being divine commandments.

Practical advice, like it makes sense that Arab Muslims would be told to grow a beard, as I'm sure it would protect your face against the sun and sand, same with trimming your moustache, since it would get in the way with eating. Things like washing yourself before prayer also makes sense when you think about it in terms of keeping the population clean to help stop the spread of sickness and disease. And all of the guidelines to do with dealing with people outside of your faith would also make a group of people more united and strong than if they weren't told to keep to their own.

I wonder why all of the prophets were concentrated in such a small area, why wouldn't God send them to other places as well; does that mean that people in Japan, who had no way of knowing about Islam, all went to Hell?

One thing that brings people into religion is family and society, but for a person living in a secular society and born to non-religious parents, the pathway to religion is something they have to find on their own, which seems quite difficult when you're not surrounded by a dominant religion and thus don't have the pressure to conform.

Again, I wish I was religious and had faith; I think it's nice that some people have a pretty clear set of rules to live by, a community that comes with it, and a clear direction and meaning for life, but I can't help but to be a skeptic.
>>
>>2311171
>I wish I was faithful
you're doing it wrong, stop wishing to have faith and just dlet go of doubts and follow whatever doctrine you bought into by repetitive habit and participating within the community
like a game, like a play in which you are an actor until you become it

you are not supposed to be offered a rational answer for those questions about why didn't god send his message to some people but not other or why have good people born before whatever prophet gone to hell, you are supposed to believe without an answer and in spite of any proof to the contrary

or you could follow a secular religion like communism
or you could just be an atheist
why you wanna have faith?
>>
>>2311171
Maybe try eastern religions. It's faith based on your direct experience, rather than faith based on the written "word of god".

If you really are committed to to finding truth, you can. Just gotta put in the work.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 500x500px
>>2311171
>regarding Islam
We believe that God send prophets to all people everywhere in all ages.

God have many names. Regardless of good names people call their God, what's important is total submission to one God and declare that there is no God other than him.

The tribes in Australia for example, believe that there's ONE true god, that He is all powerful. They don't make statues or idols of Him, eventhough they're more than capable of doing so.

Moses said, in Deuteronomy 6:4:
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Jesus said, in Mark 12:29:
...Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Here anon:
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_3_section_2.html
>>
>>2311171
Convert to Judaism
>>
>>2311171
You're giving them too much credit. A lot of these commandments simply originated to distinguish themselves from their neighbors.

>Ibn Umar said, The Prophet said, 'Do the opposite of what the pagans do. Keep the beards and cut the moustaches short.' Whenever Ibn 'Umar performed the Hajj or 'Umra, he used to hold his beard with his hand and cut whatever moustaches. Ibn Umar used to cut his moustache so short that the whiteness of his skin (above the upper lip) was visible, and he used to cut (the hair) between his moustaches and his beard.
>>
>>2311190
/thread
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were some pretty clear rules as to what happens to people who died without ever hearing the word of god, or something, pre-prophet souls included
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.