[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you like to see a modernized Ancient Rome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: A1.003e.jpg (41KB, 572x412px) Image search: [Google]
A1.003e.jpg
41KB, 572x412px
Would you like to see a modernized Ancient Rome?
>>
>>2309802
Yes, I plan on visiting it some day.
>>
I wish for nothing more.
>>
File: 1339164368479.jpg (84KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1339164368479.jpg
84KB, 800x580px
>>2309802

No, because then it wouldn't be ancient anymore.
>>
>>2309820
What's wrong with modern Rome?
>>
>>2309827
It's not ancient.
>>
>>2309802

No, republic era Rome was a shithole. The Rome everyone regards as amazing was a Vampire who bled the provinces white.

The Rome that you larp about destroyed the union of the peoples within the Empire.

Nero set the seeds for the grapes of wrath that were wrought upon the west by marauding steppe barbarians.
>>
>>2309827
it's owned by degenerate dagos who don't deserve to set foot on such grounds.
>>
>>2309827
By now it has gotten so clogged with tourists, guides, travel agencies and souvenir shops that the actual city doesn't seem to be anything more than the background scenery.in disneyland.
>>
>>2309827
Literally everything.
>>
File: o-VIRGINIA-RAGGI-facebook.jpg (286KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-VIRGINIA-RAGGI-facebook.jpg
286KB, 2000x1000px
>>2309827
nuffin
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0NjYzNjkzODM5.png (115KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0NjYzNjkzODM5.png
115KB, 300x300px
>>2309802
Modernized as in Rome as it is today?

I've been there a few times. Always amazing. The people are friendly and the food is fucking amazing. In Paris you'll pay $50 for 5 glazed scallops in a fancy platter and in Italy $50 will feed your family with plates of the most insanely delicious pasta that you could possibly imagine. One time I had a horse steak. One time I watched the guy pull up in his truck with freshly caught seafood and bring it right into his kitchen to cook and serve us seafood which couldn't possibly get any fresher. The nightlife is great. You'll get used to the sound of Italians playing Andrea Bocelli on repeat.

Careful around the Colosseum, though. Those guys dressed like Roman legionaries are total faggots and they'll sucker you into taking a picture with them and then demand you pay them for the pictures. Although part of me wonders if that's all part of the "Roman experience" because you get a tiny little dabble of the kind of behavior that Romans once exported all over Europe. The ruins never cease to amaze me.

But you wouldn't want to know actual Romans. They would have been primitive and barbaric by our standards. These were guys who got their rocks off watching wild animals tear open "criminals" who weren't even given a trial.

>>2309857
maybe if you're an uncreative dullard who doesn't know how to dodge all the trite bullshit and find the places that the natives are going too.
>>
>>2309946
>the places that the natives are going too.
Er Piper?
>>
>>2309802
That would be scary as fuck. Trump's america would be small time compared to that.
>>
File: IMG_7479.jpg (28KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7479.jpg
28KB, 229x343px
>>2309837
>The Rome that you larp about destroyed the union of the peoples within the Empire.

This is probably bait, but
>Celts
>United
>Greeks
>United
>Hellenistic Kingdoms
>United
>Steppe peoples
>United
>>
>>2309802
I'd live in it.
>>
Why could the ancients build better than us? Why did cities all have a theme and architecture that went beyond form into despite only having iron-age technology while the modern world has information age technology and can only build disorganized glass boxes and plasterboard houses?
>>
>>2309812
fpbp
>>
>>2309901
hnnnnggg
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.