[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good morning /his/ This is my first attempt on this board. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: [003160].png (85KB, 724x376px) Image search: [Google]
[003160].png
85KB, 724x376px
Good morning /his/

This is my first attempt on this board. I am currently researching a legal topic in all countries of the European Union. I would be thankful if posters from various EU countries could give me indications about the state of the question I am researching in their country.

The question is the following : do criminal proceedings in your country pause civil proceedings related to the same matter until a criminal ruling has been made?

I am particularly interested in the attitude of Denmark, Germany, Lithuania, Spain, Portugal, Czech Republic, Sweden and Ireland regarding this point.

Also, if I could be provided the precise statutes governing this issue, it would be optimal.

Thank you in advance.
>>
>>2308374
Country?

Also, where is it possible to reach your national legislation in English or in French (which is my mothertongue)?
>>
>>2308373
>>2308379
How is this history related?
>>
>>2308373
>Post Latviaball
>Do not ask for Latvian side

It's like you want me clobber you with a potato.
>>
>>2308382
"Welcome to /his/ - History & Humanities: This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, LAW, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc"

>>2308385
It's because I'm currently dealing with the Lithuanian Code of criminal procedure and couldn't think of a better pic.

Also I already have Latvian law on the topic, Art. 350 of CCP
>>
>>2308388
>Art. 350 of CCP
Wait, what the hell is this supposed to be?
>>
>>2308425
Code of criminal procedure, that's the reference I have for Latvia

Kriminālprocesa likums, A daļa, Sestā sadaļa, 26.nodaļa : Ar noziedzīgu nodarījumu radītā kaitējuma atlīdzināšana, 350.pants :
Kompensācija par cietušajam radīto kaitējumu [...] (3) Ja cietušais uzskata, ka ar kompensāciju nav atlīdzināts viss radītais kaitējums, viņam ir tiesības prasīt tā atlīdzināšanu Civilprocesa likumā noteiktajā kārtībā. Nosakot atlīdzības apmēru, jāņem vērā kriminālprocesā saņemtā kompensācija. [...] (5) Nolēmums kriminālprocesā par personas vainu ir saistošs civillietu izspriešanā

If I get the translation right it means that the civil proceedings pertaining to a criminal case are to be decided after the criminal trial, the judgement of which is binding to the civil court.
>>
>>2308449
Right, but that only pertains to damages deemed not rectified by decision in the criminal case - you can either apply for civil proceedings.

Furthermore 526(2) stipulates that a criminal case being dismissed also does not prohibit raising a civil case for damages, and 460(3) lists the same in case the prosecutor decides not to press charges.

I cannot see how that relates to what you are researching.
>>
>>2308463
Well if I'm wrong please correct me, that's why I created this thread for.

Also I'm not looking for a proof that the successful result of the criminal trial conditions the existence of civil proceedings, but only that the settlement of the civil proceedings needs a previous settlement of the criminal proceedings - be it a sentencing or a dismissal.

These articles all mention the way civil proceedings can be initiated depending on the ruling of criminal courts, not the other way around, so I took it as a hint that the criminal process preludes the civil one.
>>
>>2308477
As you've correctly understood 350(5), a guilty verdict is binding on a civil court in deciding damages. You can also file for civil damages as part of criminal proceedings.

However you can file separately for civil damages, in the practical sense this can make sense to avoid statute of limitations from applying (e.g. 3 years in Commercial law cases).

So you can either file for damages parallel to the criminal case, as part of the criminal case, or after the criminal proceedings have concluded (one way or another).
>>
>>2308517
That I had understood, however my issue deals with the ruling of civil cases AFTER the criminal verdict, not its filing. From what I've seen, it seems to be the case.

The issue is never actually addressed, but I guess that the specific mention of the state of the criminal proceedings governing the possibility to file civil claims implies that the criminal proceedings have some sort of precedence.

I'd say these informations concur to the conclusion I have reached. If their is any further Latvian legal custom or jurisprudence about this specific point, I couldn't find it, because I can't read Latvian and English-written Web resources about Latvian criminal procedures are seldom (I got an English version of the Latvian Code of criminal proceedings here http://www.legislationline.org/documents/section/criminal-codes )
>>
>>2308517
>>2308551
I have to go, I'll be back in approximatively six hours.

I hope some people will contribute to the thread during this time, thanks.
>>
>>2308373
lurk moar. it's basic ettiquete to lurk at LEAST 2-3 months before posting.

also try not to use /his/, or any board for that matter, as a way to do research/homework
>>
>>2308373
>>>/int/
>>
>>2308373
What's the thing between Lithuania and Latvia?
>>
>>2308373
USA: People are usually smart enough to file the civil action after the criminal action produced a desirable result.
>>
>>2309838
Trying to figure out who has the worse country.
>>
>>2309850
I want to know who is he not what hes doing.
>>
>>2309868
Autistic guess at a flag for Baltic Prussians (aka Old Prussians)
>>
>>2309868

racist
>>
>>2309838
Prūsa (some kind of reconstitution of Baltic Prussia)
>>
>>2309877
>>2309905
thx
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.